The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2020

Finally got around to putting up the tree. Grabbed my 7ft pre-lit tree, and the lights didn’t work..... didn’t want to mess with it, so I grabbed the back-up. Oh well, it’s 2020 after all.

Rudolph buddy gifts under the tree. Thank You!
2530C10B-46A7-459B-80DC-953CDAD22A6B.jpeg

Finally got around to putting up the tree. Grabbed my 7ft pre-lit tree, and the lights didn’t work..... didn’t want to mess with it, so I grabbed the back-up. Oh well, it’s 2020 after all.

Rudolph buddy gifts under the tree. Thank You!
View attachment 43052
It must be a 2020 thing.

Our tree light started to bug out. A band in the center got extra bright and very hot to the touch. Had to pull the plug to be safe. [emoji2369]

I remember one year the pre-lit tree would not light. I loved that tree so much and did not want to get rid of it (not to mention it wasn't a cheap tree...if there is such a thing), that I got the bright idea that I would just cut out the lights from the tree and just wrap the tree in lights separately. four hours later I finally cut all the lights out. I had no idea how much lighting that tree had! But we ended up keeping the tree for several more years.

Second package arrived today.

4qQo.gif

Last year my Pre-lit tree had a small section of lights that did not/ would not turn on. I messed with them a bit but didn't go out of my way to trace the problem because it wasn't so bad I couldn't solve the problem by turning the tree a bit and ignoring it. This year I assembled the tree and as I did I found a section that was unplugged that was apparently the cause because after plugging it in the tree was perfectly lit. This year's problem it a "leaning tree". Wouldn't be a big concern if the cat would stay out of it, since the beast insists on going feral any time she is around the flocked leaning pine I have had to use tape, a board and a 10 pound weight to make it look like the tree is secure and straight ...it isn't but I am done. The tree won't fall all the way over if the cat DOES manage to knock it over so I am not going to worry about it (it's 2020, bigger things to worry about).

This year is kind of cool because my oldest son bought a new house and he's been able to decorate a new tree and put up lights outside. He did a good job putting up lights around the roof line and even found a new appreciation for doing so with a short ladder when the peak of much much taller than the limits of the ladder. Like any REAL man, he backed up the truck, put the ladder in the back of the truck ...and held the ladder steady as his new bride climbed the ladder to staple the lights to the highest peak!

My youngest son moved into the house my other son had been renting and took one of my old Christmas Tree's and a bunch of decorations we had in the attic. So many of these decorations have been in the family since before the kids were borne but the ones WE bought and have acquired along the way are on our own tree. It was fun to watch the boys dig through the boxes and pick the ornaments they wanted (and negotiate with mom over the ones they shared a common desire to have). My youngest son took the Disney Toy Story train we have had for about 18-19 years. I'll miss that one, but we haven't set it up for many years. My mom bought that one for the boys and it was much more than a Christmas decoration. My son's roommate has a 7 year old girl who he was quick to tell "it's NOT a toy you can play with...it's MY train." I have a feeling he is going to set it up in his garage after Christmas. He put lights up outside too. Funny how much (and how little) he has done for Christmas all so he has a home decorated for his benefit. He works nights at UPS and is a full time student so he is quite busy, the decorations are purely for him so he can feel the spirit.

Well here we are nearing the big day. And sadly it seems there are some packages that are missing. We are trying to track these down. If you do not have your package let me know and I'll provide you with the tracking number I have.

Aside from that I do know there are a few people whose secondary package is the one that's missing. If it's still missing come the big day I ask that your buddy reach out for any potential claims.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

We're not doing our unwrapping until the day after Christmas. I'll need special permission from the kids to open the Cadre presents a day early.

Yay! My package arrived yesterday!! 🥳
HooRay!!!! ……. now prove it!

I believe that only leaves @Majorrich left to receive his box. Any update Rich?
And yes, I understand there are some second packages still traveling, but I hope everyone has at least one thing to open on Christmas.
I'll need special permission from the kids to open the Cadre presents a day early.
Dave, I don't think you understand how parenting works.....

Back