The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2018

There is still a long time between now and Christmas so more folks will jump on board. I am sure Xeno Dave will probably get in that would be 17 folks. We really only would need 3 more.

Very true. And I have spoken to Dave who stated when he gets on this weekend he will sign up. So can pretty much guarantee he will be on the list.

Copy and paste list below ***

1. Quijote PM Received
2. cvargo PM Received
3. NurseDave PM Received
4. WildWest74 PM Received
5. DocHoliday0831 PM Received
6. dangerousdon PM Received
7. Spider PM Received
8. CBLindsay PM Received
9. bobmsp PM Received Yet
10. dkeester PM Received
11. clyde72 PM Received
12. Smattayu PM Received
13. Majorrich PM Received
14. sskim3 PM Received
15. ShawnF PM Received
16. LNHC PM received
17. Monkey

1. Quijote PM Received
2. cvargo PM Received
3. NurseDave PM Received
7. Spider PM Received
8. CBLindsay PM Received
10. dkeester PM Received
11. clyde72 PM Received
12. Smattayu PM Received
14. sskim3 PM Received
15. ShawnF PM Received
16. LNHC PM Received
17. Monkey PM Received

OK, I’ve given in to peer pressure again and survived the initial beating after querying SWMBO, looks good!

1. Quijote PM Received
2. cvargo PM Received
3. NurseDave PM Received
7. Spider PM Received
8. CBLindsay PM Received
10. dkeester PM Received
11. clyde72 PM Received
12. Smattayu PM Received
14. sskim3 PM Received
15. ShawnF PM Received
16. LNHC PM Received
17. Monkey PM Received
18. GearNoir

1. Quijote PM Received
2. cvargo PM Received
3. NurseDave PM Received
7. Spider PM Received
8. CBLindsay PM Received
10. dkeester PM Received
11. clyde72 PM Received
12. Smattayu PM Received
14. sskim3 PM Received
15. ShawnF PM Received
16. LNHC PM Received
17. Monkey PM Received
18. GearNoir PM Received

OK, I’ve given in to peer pressure again and survived the initial beating after querying SWMBO, looks good!

1. Quijote PM Received
2. cvargo PM Received
3. NurseDave PM Received
7. Spider PM Received
8. CBLindsay PM Received
10. dkeester PM Received
11. clyde72 PM Received
12. Smattayu PM Received
14. sskim3 PM Received
15. ShawnF PM Received
16. LNHC PM Received
17. Monkey PM Received
18. GearNoir
my first year doing an exchange with these guys my wife was not impressed. She didn’t like the box under the tree, she didn’t like me preparing a box and she gave me grief about opening the box. She was a real Scrooge. All the while I was getting cards from the guys (which she hung with pride on her little string card holder thing). Turned out the only cards we received were from the random gents from the forum.

The next year rolled around and she was all in. As Scrooge as she appeared to be she was actually enjoying the entire experience. She was eager to open the cards and volunteered to wrap the box and was even looking eagerly as I unwrapped.

This year she she is totally supportive and engaged. She likes searching for stuff to give to my secret buddy and is quick to point things out at the antique stores. It’s a real opportunity to share our passion with our wives.

my first year doing an exchange with these guys my wife was not impressed. She didn’t like the box under the tree, she didn’t like me preparing a box and she gave me grief about opening the box. She was a real Scrooge. All the while I was getting cards from the guys (which she hung with pride on her little string card holder thing). Turned out the only cards we received were from the random gents from the forum.

The next year rolled around and she was all in. As Scrooge as she appeared to be she was actually enjoying the entire experience. She was eager to open the cards and volunteered to wrap the box and was even looking eagerly as I unwrapped.

This year she she is totally supportive and engaged. She likes searching for stuff to give to my secret buddy and is quick to point things out at the antique stores. It’s a real opportunity to share our passion with our wives.

A warming experience Chris, thank you for sharing. I hope in a similar way, it can become at least comfortable for my own missus, in her own way.

So what I hear you say is that the wives need a TSC gift exchange also?
1f60f.png

I know a few guys in years past have included something for the spouse of their buddy. I think that whoever gets Chris Noir needs to include something just for his wife. That will help warm her up to the whole thing real quick

I know a few guys in years past have included something for the spouse of their buddy. I think that whoever gets Chris Noir needs to include something just for his wife. That will help warm her up to the whole thing real quick

Great Idea KJ!

I don’t know where that “creepy” line gets crossed for the spouses. My wife enjoys cards and seeing what I get/give but I’m not sure she would be comfortable with a gift from a random person she has never seen.

I don’t know where that “creepy” line gets crossed for the spouses. My wife enjoys cards and seeing what I get/give but I’m not sure she would be comfortable with a gift from a random person she has never seen.

Well, it's a done deal...Mrs. Lindsay will be getting boxes of peppermints!

Last year my buddy sent stuff for my wife and kids.

Back