The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich's Journal: Adventures with Life and Sharp things

37C88AF2-B28A-49C9-9FA3-FBCC78D0F3FD.jpeg

17 Feb 2021

Razor: Blackland Vector
Soap: CBL Barba
Scuttle: Captains Choice
Strop:
Brush: GrayDog 21mm Badger
AS/eDt: CBL

Comments: Aborted attempt at recording the shave. Gravity is a bad thing.

The Hardware: Proven hardware delivers a predictable shave

The Software: CBL soaps are a staple in my den, ease of use, slickness and fragrance are top notch

The Shave: Two pass shave very effectively removed a longer than normal growth. I’m getting lazy, but am on duty today. Predicted rainfall is such that our sump system may (yet again) fail. I placed a call in to our storm water people for our city. And left my annual message. Our street was approved and funded for a storm sewer over 5 years ago and still has not been any movement. Perhaps monthly calls or a personal visit is in order. This wheel is going to begin squeaking.

Our street was approved and funded for a storm sewer over 5 years ago and still has not been any movement. Perhaps monthly calls or a personal visit is in order. This wheel is going to begin squeaking.
Squeaky wheel with a Vette! 😎👍

Maybe you can back bill them for your previous flooding damage.

started out to film this shave, but my aging iPad battery crapped out. I was practicing honing using my Jasper only and applying some tomorrow for earlier edge refinements. the result when I was final polishing to grippage was a gold dollar that was easily on par with a JNat edge. Perhaps a bit less “soft”
Soap of the day was Santa Maria del Fiore Firenze. Whipped up with my Graydog resin Synth. I’m not accustomed to blades as large as the GoldDollar classic, but ended up with a DFS+ shave with a bit of alum tingle. My sinus’ can’t detect the fragrance, but I know it’s nice.
DAC04DAC-AB0E-4F8C-8E5B-6F606077641A.jpeg

* important tip* If you are going to sleep while still listening to a radio program, be sure to plug your device in or it will run dry and prevent you from recording a vlog entry.
Not necessarily a bad thing as it’s been a minute since I entered a log entry. //rotting around in the razor locker I found a Baili razor I picked up somewhere and couldnt remember if or when I used it last. So I tagged it for today. Its a pretty handy little case it came with with a diminutive little mirror inside and a place to put a blade or two. For traveling when you can check your bag this would be OK. Hombre’s soap and after shave got the grab too for convenience sake.

The razor is similar in design to a tech, and is a touch more aggressive. (Although that could be using a fresh wiz amen blade) Three passes result in a ccs+ a bit of cleanup could easily have resulted in a much smoother result. Hombre’s, with its notes of tobacco and leather brings to mind a visit to my local Tandy shop. I like that fragrance.

It appears my son’s teacher strike is about to come to a close He’s not reporting to the picket lines today and according to the Radio news He’ll be back to work as early as next week.

A5826C88-C972-4D2B-84C9-10589F2A0752.jpeg

Back