The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich's Journal: Adventures with Life and Sharp things

27 April 2021

Razor: RR GC .84/ Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap: Seaforth Heather
Scuttle: Captains Choice
Strop:
Brush: Frank Shaving “Macy” Synthetic
AS/eDt: Seaforth Heather

Comments: Another shave I could have/should have recorded. It just didn’t happen. Post vacation letdown I guess.

The Hardware: I like these blades. They are wicked sharp, yet smoother than Feather. The .84 plate in the GameChanger feels just like the .68 with this blade.

The Software: This iteration of Seaforth loads pretty good without blooming, has a classic barbershop fragrance and provides better than average slickness. You can’t lose.

The Shave: Three passes land the expected BBS shave. This is a pretty bullet proof combination for these results. I had about 5 days growth going in. The GC wiped it away. SafetyCat’s hanging around pretty close since we returned from Fla. they are making sure we don’t sneak out on them again.

5 May 2021

Razor: Feather SS Batman/ Kai
Soap: CBL Barba
Strop:
Brush: Stirling Kong Synthetic
AS/eDt: CBL Barba SUper Special Muy Bueno y Macho after shave
Comments: I just dont know whats getting into me. I'm taking my medication but am struggling to motivate myself to do anything. Some may be my o2 saturation is still hanging in the upper 80's to low 90's. I'm trying to stay mindful, but I fear depression is setting in again. I suspect being back in the house all day alone after a great vacation with friends has me feeling more isolated and alone. I need Zen Time! Shave Time!

The Hardware: I really love this type of Razor! It's hard to not get a good shave with even passable technique. Ken did a great job sourcing these knots. I could take this brush on an extended holiday if not for getting bored without variety.

The Software: This iteration of CBL soaps and post shave treatments are simply wonderful! Easy loading even with a monster brush like the Kong, easy lather and plennty of protection. Then after the shave the Aftershave's special Cherub Tear formulation really lifts my spirits and smooths my aging skin. It doesn't take much to do the job either.

The Shave: Three passes land the expected BBS shave. I needed some Zen time and whisker removal. Maybe a haircut and a quick romp in the Vette to lift my spirits.

I think what Rich needs is

tenor.gif

11 May 2021

Razor: Henckell Brothers Friodur 3/4
Soap: CBL Cherry Blossom and Bamboo
Strop: Griffin 4”
Brush: Graydog rosin synthetic
AS/eDt: Thayers Lemon.

Comments: A quick two passer with a razor that has needed a minimum of attention since I obtained it several years ago. Not wanting to tempt fate and try to improve the edge, I stropped it well and it is hair popping ready. The ‘vette is in the shop getting a bad peeper repaired. A gear stripped and was making a soul ripping noise. I might be able to fix it myself, but as my doctor says, there comes a time to farm some stuff out.

The Hardware: The only thing this razor needs to be top dog in my stable is to have been made in Sweden!

The Software: I have two ornamental cherry trees in my yard and this soap captures a subtle fragrance of when they are in bloom. Cherry blossoms are deeply rooted in culture for their perfection and all-too-brief life. A parable for life. This is one of Chris’ older scents I save for days like this. It’s finally sunny after a long stretch of gloom. Typical of Ohio weather

The Shave: N-S and S-N and I’m passable for a day at home. I feel nappage coming!

986BA8DD-04A1-4B4E-B7E2-CAB761B8E1F0.jpeg

Back