The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

Seems like this is the week for guest stars in videos. Always nice to join you for a shave Rich!

The tugging was the soap? Say what? I've never had a tugging soap 🤪 , but I have had blades that went through a few rougher shaves and then they come "back" to efficient and smooth for whatever reason.

BTW I am not sure that Flat Spider will ever be the same after spending "quality time" in your bathroom.

Man, that must have been some serious effort to flip the Personna without killing the edge totally. Nice job Rich! Fantastic sounding software set!

I'm personally not a fan of flipping any blade. But I'm glad it worked for you. Great Shaves Rich!

And yes Rich.... I'm a big fan of the M schick, and I do enjoy the Vector as much as I do the M. Been a while since I actually used the M so can't really compare them, but the Vector is amazing, and you will love it!

It's very easy for me to clean the bottom edge of my injector blades; I have a hydro-magic. 😜
For me, I've played in the past with flipping the blade and always got horrible results. Ejecting it probably killed the edge. Now I don't bother and with 30 days on a blade, I would say that you shouldn't either at this point.

Reloading an injector dispenser is pretty easy. Use a popsicle stick or a spoon handle to press down on the spring and your blade will slide right in.

Nice shave Rich. I call that grind a Rattler and i think i have heard some call it a Faux Frameback. I have handled a few of them from some of the old Sheffield makers and they always look spectacular and shave very well.

Nice shave Rich. I call that grind a Rattler and i think i have heard some call it a Faux Frameback. I have handled a few of them from some of the old Sheffield makers and they always look spectacular and shave very well.
This is my favorite type of razor. I have several different Swedish makers that use this grind. Nothing against the Sheffield ones but they dont compare to the Swedes.

Rich, I'm jealous over a 7 day set of these fine blades. They are very haed so they take a lot of work to hone.

Last edited:
Back