The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I was born in Baltimore, which was notoriously pro-South in the Civil War.
Mason-Dixon phewey…Once the victorious faction of the Civil war moved it’s Capitol to land donate for such purpose by the State of Maryland, geographically most of the state lies north of the Headquarters of the Union Management machine.
😎

SOTD: 12/10/2022

1670681437854.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 5th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: US Army Emblem Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Camo Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Camo Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Ginger’s Garden Camo EdC

What can be said that hasn’t already been spoken in the 2022-2023 Football Thread other than at 3 PM (That’s Eastern Standard Time (EST) hayseed er I mean @heysi )…..the US Army will begin their ground campaign against what can only be described as boys with rubber duckies. Now we always thank our water taxi brethren (as well as the Air Ubers @BarberDave and @Spider ) for getting us and our cool colored equipment to where it needs to go while we go off and do the job that can only be done by the greatest military branch to ever grace this earth. So thank you, but the Guns-N-Roses (greatest band ever - no argument there except that it would have been cool for Axl Rose and Frank Sinatra to have done a duet - but water under the bridge)…..sorry - the G-N-R equivalent for Military Might shall prevail victorious.

To quote a british band that bears the name of a type of monarch - dear Squids and Deck Swabbies - We Will, We Will…..ROCK YOU! And by the end of this mighty fight - shall be singing our Alma Mater second - and then right after that, on national TV, be performing our rendition of another song from same said band - We are the Champions!

So I bid everyone a good day and:

GO ARMY beat Navy!

Well - no shave today - playing with my new buffing/polishing machine today. So- I have a new found respect for those that do it as their business or hobbyist, because wow - it is time consuming, Plus, I should have conferred with some of our TSC experts because after I got the mirror like finish I wanted on my new Drakkant - I applied a very thin layer of polishing wax - but I should have asked how best to apply it - and I don’t think the buffing machine was the way to go for that last layer - I should have done that with a cloth. Live and learn though - I got the Drakkant done as well as three stainless steel handles. Whew!

Last edited:
Well - no shave today - playing with my new buffing/polishing machine today. So- I have a new found respect for those that do it as their business or hobbyist, because wow - it is time consuming, Plus, I should have conferred with some of our TSC experts because after I got the mirror like finish I wanted on my new Drakkant - I applied a very thin layer of polishing wax - but I should have asked how best to apply it - and I don’t think the buffing machine was the way to go for that last layer - I should have done that with a cloth. Live and learn though - I got the Drakkant done as well as three stainless steel handles. Whew!
Shaving's fun, right? Enjoy your shaves, Brian.

SOTD: 12/12/2022

1670854950197.jpeg

Razor: George Ibberson Sheffield
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Holly Sweet Spot Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Company Bad Santa Puck
Aftershave: MacDuffs Soap Company Bad Santa Aftershave
Fragrance: Rochas Moustache EdP

Starting the day out with some holiday spirit - going with some deeper, more robust scents which allows me to break out the Rochas Moustache EdP. Really complexes me because this is a completely different frag than the EdT - I mean they aren’t even in the same ballpark.

I have recovered from my first polishing expedition - I can see why Wolfman razors with mirror finishes come with such a hefty price! I still have to go back with some touch ups - but will probably wait until the Blutt Rasur BR-1 arrives.

Yesterday Aidan and I had a good time with his aide Jasmin - we’re working on shopping from a list and obeying street signs. I’m participating in the first few sessions until Jasmin gets used to Aidan’s idiosyncrasies. She’s great though - she works with 2 other special needs children and Aidan has taken a liking to her so I think they’ll hit it off.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

SOTD: 12/12/2022

View attachment 100252

Razor: George Ibberson Sheffield
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Holly Sweet Spot Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Company Bad Santa Puck
Aftershave: MacDuffs Soap Company Bad Santa Aftershave
Fragrance: Rochas Moustache EdP

Starting the day out with some holiday spirit - going with some deeper, more robust scents which allows me to break out the Rochas Moustache EdP. Really complexes me because this is a completely different frag than the EdT - I mean they aren’t even in the same ballpark.

I have recovered from my first polishing expedition - I can see why Wolfman razors with mirror finishes come with such a hefty price! I still have to go back with some touch ups - but will probably wait until the Blutt Rasur BR-1 arrives.

Yesterday Aidan and I had a good time with his aide Jasmin - we’re working on shopping from a list and obeying street signs. I’m participating in the first few sessions until Jasmin gets used to Aidan’s idiosyncrasies. She’s great though - she works with 2 other special needs children and Aidan has taken a liking to her so I think they’ll hit it off.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Great shave brother! Back when I still used straights I tried my hand at restoration. I had mixed results. At the end of the day I decided to abandon the idea and do my part supporting small businesses and sending them off to others who possess greater skill (and more patience 🤪). Awesome news with Aidan!!

Great shave brother! Back when I still used straights I tried my hand at restoration. I had mixed results. At the end of the day I decided to abandon the idea and do my part supporting small businesses and sending the off to others who possess greater skill (and more patience 🤪). Awesome news with Aidan!!
I tell you - it looks so easy on YouTube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back