The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/09/2022

1670593451756.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword, 1st use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Storm Two Band Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company John Paul Jones Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump ‘47 Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Ginger’s Garden Boat House Row EdC

A tribute to my Navy friends on the eve of a great tradition - the Army - Navy Football Game. So, to my soggy military brethren who ride boats to work - and to whom I respect so much - looking at you @MarkB and @Graybeard57 (and to all the others that sailed the 7 seas in defense of our country).

So the soap is a tribute to the Father of the US Navy - John Paul Jones - our Naval hero who in a might yawp exclaimed, “I have not yet begun to fight!”
Scent Notes: Bay Rum, Teakwood, Cedar, Bergamot, Patchouli

The AS is a tribute to Admiral Richard E. Byrd….a naval aviator and great explorer - having gone to both of the earth’s poles.

Scent Notes: Amber, Talc, Bitter Orange, Bergamot, musk.

Finally, the cologne is a bespoke blend made for me by Ginger’s Garden that is a tribute to my favorite city in the world and the place I have some of the fondest memories of my life - early morning rows with my crew team with the sun rising over the city. Since the game this year is being played in Philadelphia - I had to give it a nod. The scent is based on a Philly cocktail called the Liberty Bell.

Scent Notes: Bourbon, Peach, Apricot, Orange, Lemon (yes let the jokes about peach whiskey begin 😂)

So to my Naval brothers - I salute you and hope tomorrow’s game is a great one!

Go Army Beat Navy!

Last edited:
SOTD: 12/09/2022

View attachment 100004

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword, 1st use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Storm Two Band Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company John Paul Jones Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump ‘47 Aftershave
Balm: Central Texas Soaps Ginger & Lemon Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Ginger’s Garden Boat House Row EdC

A tribute to my Navy friends on the eve of a great tradition - the Army - Navy Football Game. So, to my soggy military brethren who ride boats to work - and to whom I respect so much - looking at you @MarkB and @Graybeard57 (and to all the others that sailed the 7 seas in defense of our country).

So the soap is a tribute to the Father of the US Navy - John Paul Jones - our Naval hero who in a might yawp exclaimed, “I have not yet begun to fight!”
Scent Notes: Bay Rum, Teakwood, Cedar, Bergamot, Patchouli

The AS is a tribute to Admiral Richard E. Byrd….a naval aviator and great explorer - having gone to both of the earth’s poles.

Scent Notes: Amber, Talc, Bitter Orange, Bergamot, musk.

Finally, the cologne is a bespoke blend made for me by Ginger’s Garden that is a tribute to my favorite city in the world and the place I have some of the fondest memories of my life - early morning rows with my crew team with the sun rising over the city. Since the game this year is being played in Philadelphia - I had to give it a nod. The scent is based on a Philly cocktail called the Liberty Bell.

Scent Notes: Bourbon, Peach, Apricot, Orange, Lemon (yes let the jokes about peach whiskey begin 😂)

So to my Naval brothers - I salute you and hope tomorrow’s game is a great one!

Go Army Beat Navy!
Fantastic shave! And it's gonna be a great day of tradition tomorrow! Best of luck to Army. Let's go Midshipmen!!!!

ezgif-4-58844ba27d.jpg

My family has a nice blend of Army and Navy.....

My dad, my grandfather, my brother and a very good friend were all Navy

My Great Great Grandfather, my other Grandfather and my wife's grandfather were all Army

And my Father in Law was a Marine and my cousin was Air Force....so I have everyone covered .

So go USA!!!!

Also..........I notice all of the scents have a citrus note to them.....so 1000% @Scuttlesoap - approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back