The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
šŸ˜²
Never give in!!! Revolution calling!! Tear down the crown!!

giphy.gif
This puts me in an awkward position as his Shave Squire - thank goodness Iā€™m not the royal food taster. Let me try to talk some ā€œscentsā€ into him

1670430586426.gif

Last edited:
So the Soap/AS is an homage to the Maison Margiela Replica By The Fireplace - and a good one at that. So now I smell like a crackling fire with roasting chesnuts.
You get chestnuts? I get marshmallows. Great campfiery scent regardless! šŸ˜šŸ‘

Dang you guys! I wasn't impressed with the performance of Strike Gold, but I don't know if it's even right that I don't have this scent.

Dang you guys! I wasn't impressed with the performance of Strike Gold, but I don't know if it's even right that I don't have this scent.

I donā€™t think Strike Gold is top tier - but serviceable - but I do like their scents very much - their dupes are pretty close to the frags they are paying homage to. If I recall - they farm out the soap production to someone else and they work closely with Happyland Fragrance house for at least some of their scents. Iā€˜m not a real fan of the owner - but I try not to let that bias my other thoughts.

For this one - the soap is on the lighter side of scent strength - but the AS makes up for it. It is closest to the MM Rep BTF on the dry down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back