The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/06/2022

View attachment 99758

Razor: Case Red Imp 143
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Company Candy Cane Puck
Aftershave: Primitive Outpost Citrus Mint Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Soap Candy Cane Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Creed Viking EdP

Codeword for today is: Peppermint…….queue the Mission Impossible music….well given his aversion to minty things - this would not be a shave for @Graybeard57. Bruce - I apologize - just trying to get in the spirit of things 😂 I did have a touch of Citrus in this shave of course.

Nothing on the home front to report - hopefully a boring day - sometimes you need those. Looks like my Cella order should arrive today - that was fast!

Have a great day everyone!
#Approves

aa3-3.jpg

Viking by Creed is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Viking was launched in 2017. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed. Top notes are Pink Pepper, Spicy Mint, Bergamot, Lemon, Absinthe and Orange; middle notes are Lavender, Bulgarian Rose, Clove, Allspice, Jasmine and Orris Root; base notes are Vetiver, Cedar, White Musk and Tonka Bean.

Everything is wrong this morning. Everything!

Viking by Creed is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Viking was launched in 2017. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed. Top notes are Pink Pepper, Spicy Mint, Bergamot, Lemon, Absinthe and Orange; middle notes are Lavender, Bulgarian Rose, Clove, Allspice, Jasmine and Orris Root; base notes are Vetiver, Cedar, White Musk and Tonka Bean.

Everything is wrong this morning. Everything!
For my smell-challenged friend…Here are the steps

1670344534420.png

as @MilkCrate would say - Life is Good!

Codeword for today is: Peppermint…….queue the Mission Impossible music….well given his aversion to minty things - this would not be a shave for @Graybeard57. Bruce - I apologize - just trying to get in the spirit of things 😂 I did have a touch of Citrus in this shave of course.

Nothing on the home front to report - hopefully a boring day - sometimes you need those. Looks like my Cella order should arrive today - that was fast!
Peppermint makes for fine candy and ice cream, so if you care to smear it all over your face and neck, have at it. Cella, however, cannot be ignored. We've established it smells like Vomit and Cat Pee. This is indisputable, IMHO. I can only imagine what the aforementioned's soap factory, with its hordes of sweaty workers toiling over large vats of boiling soap (think Batman-sized) emitting clouds of noxious fumes, must smell like. Must be like Heck* with the lid torn off.

Hell

Peppermint makes for fine candy and ice cream, so if you care to smear it all over your face and neck, have at it. Cella, however, cannot be ignored. We've established it smells like Vomit and Cat Pee. This is indisputable, IMHO. I can only imagine what the aforementioned's soap factory, with its hordes of sweaty workers toiling over large vats of boiling soap (think Batman-sized) emitting clouds of noxious fumes, must smell like. Must be like Heck* with the lid torn off.

Hell
The Cella organic has a totally different scent - citrusy!

1670361967923.gif

SOTD: 12/07/2022

1670429393608.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Executive (Rhodium)
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 5th use
Brush: RazoRock Noir Plissoft
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Fireside Chat Puck
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave Fireside Chat Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Maison Margiela Replica By the Fireplace EdT

Because @NurseDave doesn’t believe in the winter you should be citrusy fresh……I am forced to use my deeper, more intense scents. So the Soap/AS is an homage to the Maison Margiela Replica By The Fireplace - and a good one at that. So now I smell like a crackling fire with roasting chesnuts.

But, every time I think roasting chestnuts - I do not envision Bing Crosby’ s rendition of White Christmas, but rather, the Cheers episode where Sam and Diane bought a house and Diane wanted to have a summer Christmas celebration with the previous owners. Sam wanted to get out of his Santa suit - but Diane was upset at this “But Sam, we haven’t even roasted the chestnuts!” To which Sam replied, “Guess again honey.” I don’t know why my mind works in this way.

1670429478305.jpeg

Have a great day my friends!

Because @NurseDave doesn’t believe in the winter you should be citrusy fresh……I am forced to use my deeper, more intense scents.
😲
Never give in!!! Revolution calling!! Tear down the crown!!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back