The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/03/2022

1670076320038.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Bowl: The Razor Company Mocha Bowl
Soap: Stirling Soap Mediterranean Man Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Mediterranean Man Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Soap Unscented Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Mediterranean Man EdT

The best thing about being an adult is that when you buy a Black Friday deal - you don’t have to wait until the holiday to open the presents! How could I not take my new Stirling toys out for a spin. Mediterranean Man is an homage to Creed Erolfa - which I had a sample as well. Again, Stirling is spot on with their interpretation. Erolfa is a frag I really like and had I not had that Creed Viking Cologne/EdP mix-up happen I probably would have splurged to get it. I have to admit - I probably would focus using it on warmer days - but that’s the great thing about frags - you can use them how you want regardless of the weather.

Only thing on our schedule today is to go to Costco and pay for our annual membership - but since we got a cash back check from Costco already - it’s no cost - and we have $7.20 to spare. Other than that - it’s been raining since 4:30 AM this morning - so I think this will be a STEAM day.

Have a wonderful one my friends!

It’s like they‘re printing money for me

View attachment 99502
Do Not Do This…….

Back in my days in the printing ink business, I was aware of at least two folks in the printing trade who had done Big House time for counterfeiting. Word travels fast and almost everyone in the trade knew who they were. Because of their crime, no one would hire them to work in their craft. One guy left the business and the other started his own business and actually bought ink from me on occasion. I can’t recall if we ever sold him green though and he was notoriously slow to pay. Some counterfeiters were even known to print simulated red and blue fibers which are found in the genuine paper. Currency paper contains no wood based pulp and is 100% cotton fiber. Paper houses only carried cotton fiber contents at 50% max.

A printing trade organization I was a member of had a Secret Service member speak at one of our monthly meetings.
Many of the security features in our current cash crop were implemented because of the looming emergence of color copier technology.
Microprinting, paper security threads, color shift inks, paper watermarks, phosphorescent coatings and holographic foils were only beginning to become part of our cash.

One thing I distinctly recall the agent stating, that it was a violation of Federal law to photocopy currency in any form.

Do Not Do This…….

Back in my days in the printing ink business, I was aware of at least two folks in the printing trade who had done Big House time for counterfeiting. Word travels fast and almost everyone in the trade knew who they were. Because of their crime, no one would hire them to work in their craft. One guy left the business and the other started his own business and actually bought ink from me on occasion. I can’t recall if we ever sold him green though and he was notoriously slow to pay. Some counterfeiters were even known to print simulated red and blue fibers which are found in the genuine paper. Currency paper contains no wood based pulp and is 100% cotton fiber. Paper houses only carried cotton fiber contents at 50% max.

A printing trade organization I was a member of had a Secret Service member speak at one of our monthly meetings.
Many of the security features in our current cash crop were implemented because of the looming emergence of color copier technology.
Microprinting, paper security threads, color shift inks, paper watermarks, phosphorescent coatings and holographic foils were only beginning to become part of our cash.

One thing I distinctly recall the agent stating, that it was a violation of Federal law to photocopy currency in any form.
But if I get really good - then they’ll make a movie about me with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks - so doesn’t that balance things out😂

But if I get really good - then they’ll make a movie about me with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks - so doesn’t that balance things out😂
I recall the flick….seems there were a couple types of printing presses in the movie that I actually ran before my days in the ink business.

Just wondering are you going to be Leo or Tom?

Actually, in that time, the only good counterfeiters were legitimate governments.
Our guest from the Secret Service did not say which Country it was producing the nearly perfect $100 bills floating around the globe, but he did say they were in the Middle East. Imagine that… one day you print your own countries currency on your press, and the next day you just print up some US Currency negotiable around the globe.

SOTD: 12/05/2022

1670263751519.jpeg

Razor: Supply Co Single Edge Pro
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 1st use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Holly Sweet Spot Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Black Ship Grooming Jolly Roger Croap
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Jolly Roger Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Grooming Dept Hydrating Gel
Additional Care: Grooming Dept Hydrating Gel
Fragrance: Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privée EdP

The quest continues to use every holiday themed soap that I’ve purchased for use 1 time per year…..this one has some zing to it - oranges (of course), anise (who the heck invented the scent of licorice?), cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and hey - a dash of rum…

1670263958011.gif

I have to say BSG has some mad talent when it comes to scents - they just released Scrooge lol - I can’t keep up! I finished off with a first use of Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privée EdP- it’s got that Iris that you‘d expect - but wouldn’t you know it - a little bit of booziness in this one as well. It does compliment the soap. It’s almost like if you’d combine Prada L’Homme with Armani Stronger with You.

Aidan had his music therapy recital yesterday - found out that he was first up - he had a busy day - we had to run to my bosses house, then off to his living skills, but didn’t have time to run home and change - but all the same - he had a blast and did so well. Proud of him!

1670264185849.jpeg

should be a banner delivery day today - with all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales stuff coming it. Thank goodness all done with my shopping already!

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 12/06/2022

1670338358572.jpeg

Razor: Case Red Imp 143
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Company Candy Cane Puck
Aftershave: Primitive Outpost Citrus Mint Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Soap Candy Cane Lotion
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Creed Viking EdP

Codeword for today is: Peppermint…….queue the Mission Impossible music….well given his aversion to minty things - this would not be a shave for @Graybeard57. Bruce - I apologize - just trying to get in the spirit of things 😂 I did have a touch of Citrus in this shave of course.

Nothing on the home front to report - hopefully a boring day - sometimes you need those. Looks like my Cella order should arrive today - that was fast!

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back