The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/01/2022

1669904568135.jpeg

Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8” Spanish Tip
Brush: AKA Brushworx Bubblelicious
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: MacDuffs Shave Company Christmas Cabin Puck
Aftershave: Eyüp Sabrí Tuncer Tiras Kolonyasi No 2 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Dunhill Icon Racing Red EdP

In an effort to appease our nursing faction - I am going with the deeper scents - even though the weather here wants to stay warm. Vox Populi, Vox Dei (I’m taking back the phrase)……..Christmas Cabin fits the bill of a nice wintery scent…..with a touch of spice and a touch of woods - not overpowering on either - and gives you that cold winter cabin feel. Dunhill Icon Racing Red - is much deeper than the original which is very sporty - this one has been compared to Versace Eros - very much along those lines. Speaking of Eros - Master Soap just released an Eros homage - what were they thinking? Do they not know that I completed the shopping season? Sheesh!

The razor is now to my liking - Ralf Aust is a very talented razor maker - but this now has a Blade Edge by @Bill M ®(patent pending) - so it hacked down the whiskers with ease. A joy to shave with.

Have a wonderful day my friends.

SOTD: 12/02/2022

1669992562496.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Brush: AKA Brushworx The Deep
Bowl: The Razor Company Mocha Bowl
Soap: Ethos Grooming Blue Note Croap
Aftershave: Zingari Man Unscented Aftershave
Balm: Crowne & Crane Frenchmen St Balm
Fragrance: Maison Margiela Jazz Club EdT

Well what a way to start the day - with your favorite frag of all time! Ethos is doing a collab with The Razor Company - right now it is just 1 oz samples - but confirmed from Dragonbeard himself - that the full tubs and AS will soon be released as well - which I will be sure to get! Dragonsbeard did a fantastic job on the scent (we all know his base is fantastic)! Brings me back to my college days - one of my favorite dates in college was to a jazz club called Zanzibar Blue.

Today I get to meet Aidan’s brand new support aide who will be working on life skills with him.

I hope every one has a fantastic day!

Last edited:
SOTD: 12/02/2022

View attachment 99366

Razor: Blackland Vector
Brush: AKA Brushworx The Deep
Bowl: The Razor Company Mocha Bowl
Soap: Ethos Grooming Blue Note Croap
Aftershave: Zingari Man Unscented Aftershave
Balm: Crowne & Crane Frenchmen St Balm
Fragrance: Maison Margiela Jazz Club EdT

Well what a way to start the day - with your favorite frag of all time! Ethos is doing a collab with The Razor Company - right now it is just 1 oz samples - but confirmed from Dragonbeard himself - that the full tubs and AS will soon be released as well - which I will be sure to get! Dragonsbeard did a fantastic job on the scent (we all know his base is fantastic)! Brings me back to my college days - one of my favorite dates was to a Jazz Club called Zanzibar Blue.

Today I get to meet Aidan’s brand new support aide who will be working on life skills with him.

I hope every one has a fantastic day!
Oh great! Yet another soap I'm being forced to buy.. Woe is me... 😁

Great shave brother! Hope the meeting with Aidan's new aide goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back