The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Razor Storage.

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Yeah, some of us have a lot of razors. Frequent trips to Antique Stores will do that, lol. The ones that come in original cases are nice, and are great to display, but what do you do with the rest? Don’t want to just throw them into the back for a drawer or into a cigar box when they can get a bit banged up. My solution is tackle box/tool organizer trays. They stack well, hold a lot of razors, and you can see into them easily to know what you have. Here’s a few of mine..... yeah, there are others.

0D985ED4-88FC-4AA3-9AFF-26200F57BCBD.jpegAAE5A65D-0B56-44FE-BD36-3DFADF1A05B4.jpegD6B11447-C986-42AD-8C9F-EAD4973BC672.jpegF6270B0A-056B-4470-85B5-C8A0C52963BB.jpegCFABB157-F611-46F4-A54A-CA9B556E21FD.jpegB344C194-469B-47E5-BC35-81149EFF9C9C.jpeg129E5760-C2C5-4A67-855D-BD791FAD57CC.jpeg5D30A77E-1001-4812-AD7F-3FB85CDA3EEE.jpeg

Nice! That way better than the cardboard box I have my razors in. I’ll have to give this a go.

I have an inkwell stand for the one DE that I use at home. The Harry's cart I use on my head hangs in the shower and the New OC I never bothered to get rid of is in a drawer. Oh, and my travel DE stays in the dopp.

Nice collection. I will definitely be doing this soon as my collection is outgrowing my oak razor stand I made over the holiday break. I currently store razor blade tucks in fishing tackle boxes and didn’t even think of doing this for razors.

I thought we were in the modern age, where complicated things got smaller...like computers that took up rooms now in our hand.

Are we devolving when the simple things get bigger? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

I really like the tackle box things, I currently have all (most) my DE razors stuffed strategically into a big cigar box. I like that I can stick that one big box up in the closet but it makes it impossible to use individual razors so I never get into that box. I fear that if I had to use too many individual tackle boxes I might get caught by the closet police...i must locate a new hiding space then upgrade to the modern storage. My straight razors are mostly laid out in my large dresser drawer and in stands in the bathroom so storage for those is less of an issue but I am open to new ideas.

Okay, so what are the containers, where do you get them and we need inside pics of a compartment.
No worries, I found them on the bay

Actually you can find them cheaper on Amazon.

Don't make the mistake I made, just get the 64 drawer one.

BTW - I have a couple of high end cigar boxes and they are great, but does require me to unstack and open the lids, and I have a ton of tackle boxes, but store only my loose caps and base plates in them.

Oak Razor Stand?!?! Why did you not include pics??????
Here is my oak razor stand that I made over the holiday break from Wood I reclaimed from an old high school wood shop project. It is not the best, but it works for me and my wife approved it to stay in the bathroom. I got the idea from Etsy, but didn’t want to pay $40, so out to the shed I went to get tools and start the project.
9DB256A1-FC95-4D88-A7A3-34F08BB32049.jpeg

Back