The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

I’m also working my way through this podcast episode Tim. My commute is roughly 20-30 minutes, so it’ll take me much longer lol. But I agree with you 100% on being in the moment during the shave and kind of blocking everything else out.

As for notifications, I get an email everytime someone replies to a thread I’ve already commented in...I have to admit after the last few days I’m a little behind here on the forum:

At the time of this screen shot, everyone one of those emails was Cadre related!

I’m also working my way through this podcast episode Tim. My commute is roughly 20-30 minutes, so it’ll take me much longer lol. But I agree with you 100% on being in the moment during the shave and kind of blocking everything else out.

As for notifications, I get an email everytime someone replies to a thread I’ve already commented in...I have to admit after the last few days I’m a little behind here on the forum:

At the time of this screen shot, everyone one of those emails was Cadre related!

That’s good to know. Tells you how well I check that email. But judging by your screenshot, you are behind too. I’ll go back through my emails. Shhh, don’t tell the ding ding guy.

Shave Count (DE: 242 SR: 115)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
J Allen SR
Zenith Boar
GTB soap (3017 - Day 9)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Woke up early enough today to use the SR. I also kept the Zenith to continue the break in. Both of these boar brushes are fairly new and need more lathers on them to break them in good. Went ahead and did a 30 second load and whipped up a nice lather. This puck was lightly used before the 3017 and I am 9 shaves in now. With that said, I think this puck will last longer than a month. Unless I really grind the brush and hate load this tub.

Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I did miss just a bit on the jawline, but other than that I am BBS. I think I got some bad food last night, so my head may not be 100% in the game this morning.

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. I went ahead and took the day off today. No podcast or random thoughts today so you are on your own. Enjoy the day! Life is good.

Nice shave Tim......................on my own?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm lost...............................what to do............................guess I'll go to work for a long day to get tomorrow off

We all know what you're thinking. "Boy, without a podcast, this drive is really boring."

Nice shave Tim......................on my own?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm lost...............................what to do............................guess I'll go to work for a long day to get tomorrow off

Thanks Dave! You’ll be fine, just take your vitamins and don’t forget your lunch.

IKR? And I just got to the part about LSD and XTC. If I get the urge to run people off the road, I might try a different podcast.

Haha I listened to that one. I told my wife I need to go to Columbia and do mescaline to straighten myself out. But it’s totally ok because it was kind of recommended by a doctor.

Haha I listened to that one. I told my wife I need to go to Columbia and do mescaline to straighten myself out. But it’s totally ok because it was kind of recommended by a doctor.

Yup, remember the acid is safer. The X causes brain damage. Some of those quick tips that might come in handy.

Shave Count (DE: 243 SR: 115)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Senator
Voskhod Blade (4)
Graydog Synth
GTB soap (3017 - Day 10)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

I was a bit pressed for time this morning, so I opted for the DE. I also went ahead and changed out the brush, due to popular demand. I dropped my load time down this morning to 20 seconds and that was just because the puck was oozing lather. Once I started working the brush, it just exploded into some awesome goodness. So I had a great lather going on. I guess I have finally used this brush enough that it's now a bit looser and splays well (but not too much). Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. No misses this morning and I walked away BBS for the win!

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Went ahead and hit it with a glug of the AS and everything was right as rain. Back to work this morning, but I am still not 100% and skipped lunch. But thankfully it's Friday, so I have the weekend to recover. And since there has been such an interest in the podcasts I've been listening too, here is some food for thought today. Worry - suffer once or suffer twice. I'll just leave that there for you to ponder. Anyway, back to work. Enjoy the day! Life is good.

Back