The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 240 SR: 112)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Senator
Vie Long Horsehair
GTB soap (3017 - Day 5)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Another glorious Sun shiny day! I went with my typical late morning shave again today. Since it is a random shave weekend, I changed out all of my hardware.

This brush just may not be broke in yet, but it’s a lather hog. To compensate, I adjusted my load time to 30 seconds. Pulled a really nice lather out of it. I had been trying something different recently. I have a goatee, and normally lather around it when shaving. But recently I have been lathering my whole face just out of curiosity. I have found that it actually softens that facial hair. Pretty cool.

So loaded the Senator with a fresh Voskhod and was ready to rock -n- roll. Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. After using a SR for awhile, there was no blade feel at all with this DE. It was odd, but luckily there was audible feedback. An outstanding, easy peasy BBS for the win!

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain. No plans again today, so what to do? Decisions ... decisions, I’ll figure something out. Life is good.

Shave mail. Today I received the samples that Chris sent. They smell great and I can’t wait to try them. It may be a bit, due to the 3017. I realized I screwed up when I PIFed my Turkish bowl to my stepson. I still need it for samples. Oh well, they are cheap on the bay.

Shave mail. Today I received the samples that Chris sent. They smell great and I can’t wait to try them. It may be a bit, due to the 3017. I realized I screwed up when I PIFed my Turkish bowl to my stepson. I still need it for samples. Oh well, they are cheap on the bay.
Salsa Bowls are even cheaper!

Shave Count (DE: 241 SR: 112)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Senator

Voskhod blade (2)
Vie Long Horsehair
GTB soap (3017 - Day 6)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Another Sun shiny day with a high of 66. I probably should have mixed it up a bit, but I stayed with the same setup. I loaded for 30 seconds and had plenty of lather. After 3 passes there was still plenty buried deep in the brush.

Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Another easy peasy BBS for the win! Love those relaxing, easy shaves.

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. Christmas stuff packed up, si just a few more errands to run today. Life is good.

Shave Count (DE: 241 SR: 113)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
J Allen SR
Vie Long Horsehair
GTB soap (3017 - Day 7)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

So, moving right along with the GTB 3017. OMG ... it's only been 7 shaves. It's not really bad, just different. I had gotten used to changing things up weekly. But I guess, back in the day guys only had one soap and used it until it was gone. Then they bought a replacement. So, if you look at it that way, we are spoiled. Anyway, just some ramblings because I had to get up early and go to work. Ugh. Had enough time for a shave this morning and mixed it up just a bit. I changed razors, but kept the brush.

I stayed with my 30 second load time for the moment, but may drop it down some. The brush is still holding lather, but not as bad. And it is actually holding lather instead of eating it. At one point before, the lather just disappeared and was nowhere to be found. Not even in the brush. So ... it looks like the brush is doing better. And the splay is getting better as well, so I'll just keep working it for a bit. I guess it just didn't get the attention that my first Boar did.

Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Not truly an easy peasy today, becuase I had to pay attention. It might kinda suck to lop of an ear. Had enough coffee for an alert shave and walked away BBS for the win! Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. Wrapped up the weekend with dinner and a movie with the missus ... good stuff. Anyway, back to the grind this week. Guess I'll hit the ground running and smelling great! Have a great day everyone! Life is good.

I'm starting to get a little worried that this 3017 with you guys and GTB is going to take the shine off that gun slinger.

Back