The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 243 SR: 116)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
J Allen SR
Omega Boar 48
GTB soap (3017 - Day 11)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

No pressure this morning. Slept in late and had a great shave. Ditched the DE for the day and also grabbed the Omega. A 30 second load and it whipped up a nice lather. The brush still has great scritch/backbone and is starting to splay a bit better.

Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Just a nice relaxing shave and I walked away BBS for the win!

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. Speaking of ... no rain outside today so that is nice. Have a few errands to run today, but no pressing obligations. I do like these free weekends. Life is good.

Shave Count (DE: 243 SR: 117)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
J Allen SR
Omega Boar 48
GTB soap (3017 - Day 12)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Another great morning shave. I went ahead and kept the same gear today as well, just to put another lather on this brush. I currently have 5 brushes in rotation with #6 on the way. In thanking about it, with a rotation these should last me a life time. I could probably drop a few and still have enough for a lifetime. Anyway, hit the tub for 30 seconds and built an outstanding lather.

Hit the leather with 50 strokes and it was go time. I don’t know if I have mentioned it in yhe past, but with an SR I use short quick strokes. Using this technique with a really shallow angle has produced really good results. If I go any shallower, the razor feels as if it’s trying to stick to my skin. Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Another nice relaxing shave and I walked away BBS for the win!

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. Had to go outside for a minute after the shave and the menthol will let you know it’s there. We are attending the symphony today and it should be interesting. SR shave, dress nice and go to a Mozart symphony. Has an old school vibe to it. I don’t have a horse drawn carriage, but I’ll make due with the modern equivalent. Anyway, that’s where I’m at today. Have a great day everyone! Life is good.

Well ... I can say without reservation that it sucks less than opera. We tried an opera once, only once.

Today was Mozart #38 & Mahler. There were stuffy people there too. I probably asked a dozen, “Pardon me do you have any Gray Poupon?” They all looked at me strange. Maybe they felt bad for not being prepared, I don’t know. Anyway, it was ok, I would go again. Wrapped up the day with dinner with the missus. Good stuff.

Back