The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave mail.

Picked this up as an accidental PIF. It was offered for trade and I tried to trade. The guy said I did him a solid several months ago and he wouldn’t trade. So he just sent it with no trade. I had to dig back in my PM’s to see what I did.

When he was first getting into wet shaving, he made a post that caught my eye. I sent him a PM and PIFed him several things to get him started. He remembered me and wanted to return the favor. That was way cool and totally unexpected.

Shave mail.

Picked this up as an accidental PIF. It was offered for trade and I tried to trade. The guy said I did him a solid several months ago and he wouldn’t trade. So he just sent it with no trade. I had to dig back in my PM’s to see what I did.

When he was first getting into wet shaving, he made a post that caught my eye. I sent him a PM and PIFed him several things to get him started. He remembered me and wanted to return the favor. That was way cool and totally unexpected.

Most excellent! I love the SS Citrus & Bay soap, it pairs very well with Bootlegger’s Bay Rum!

Nice score Tim! I have always been high on Sudsy Soapery. I thought that their non-tallow soaps could go toe to toe with almost any tallow based soap. It's that good. And that Citrus and bay is a scent that a lot of people really like!

Shave Count (DE: 239 SR: 112)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Badger
GTB soap (3017 - Day 4)

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

What a glorious day! I am off work and the Sun is shining. Started today with a late morning shave. I was kinda torn this morning whether to continue with my work week shave or mix it up a bit. I stayed with what I had.

Living on the edge, I dropped my load time down to 20 seconds today. Still cranked out a really nice, great smelling lather. I hit the leather strop for 50 laps. Went with my standard shave of three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS for the win! What a way to start the day.

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A customary glug of the AS and everything was right as rain. No plans really etched in stone today. Will probably take down Christmas decorations and run a few errands. Look out world, here I come. Life is good.

Nice score Tim! I have always been high on Sudsy Soapery. I thought that their non-tallow soaps could go toe to toe with almost any tallow based soap. It's that good. And that Citrus and bay is a scent that a lot of people really like!

It smells pretty good, can’t wait to try it.

Back