The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

No shave report today, giving my face the day off. We will resume our regularly scheduled shaving tomorrow.

A lot of the Cadre over the past day or so are having some very irritating shaves! It must be something in the Water.

Happy New Year to you and your family Tim!

A lot of the Cadre over the past day or so are having some very irritating shaves! It must be something in the Water.

Happy New Year to you and your family Tim!

I think the government is secretly doing something to the population ?

What’s that black van doing outside my house? I’ll be right b

Happy New Year to you and yours! Be careful out there.

I think the government is secretly doing something to the population
1f601.png

What’s that black van doing outside my house? I’ll be right b

It's more likely that it is Gillette or Proctor and Gamble. Oh wait...the corporate ties to government are strong!
1f631.png

Shave Count (DE: 239 SR: 108)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Badger

TOBS Sandalwood soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

Ok, I was going to skip my shave today but the stubble was driving me crazy. I got off work early and did a late afternoon shave. Started off with the Henckel but noticed while stropping that the two sides of the razor sounded different. I guess I wasn’t paying attention on the last two shaves. So I changed up razors.

I loaded the soap for a couple of seconds and whipped up a very nice lather. I still don’t smell Sandalwood but it’s a good soap. I hit the leather strop for 50 laps. Went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A touch of the ASB and everything was right as rain. So there ya have it. I’m leaning towards an edge issue. I’ll give it a thorough check out tomorrow. Getting ready for the kids, grandkids and fireworks. Happy New Year everyone! Life is good.

I also ordered a brush awhile back. It’s on the slow boat from China and should be here end of January or first of February. Here’s a pic.

TOBS Sandalwood soap

I still don’t smell Sandalwood

I don't either. I can't figure why this TOBS is called, "Sandalwood", because it's not like any sandalwood I've ever tried. However, with that being said, I totally dig it, none-the-less!

I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say you’re the only cadre member with a dog face scuttle.

Back