The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 237 SR: 105)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Vulfix Badger
AA Bay Rum

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Was on time waking up this morning. But I am still feeling under the weather and I didn't sleep well. I also woke up really tired and didn't want to try my luck with an SR. So it was time to break out the Slim again. The Vulfix did a nice job and cranked out a smooth lather.

Went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Not the best shave I've had. Today I managed to score a partial BBS with some DFS thrown in for character.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Back to the grind today with a ton of work to catch up on. At least it's a short week. Life is good!

Glad the concert was good - cool pic, for sure.

BTW, since you're the patchouli dude, I think you'd totally dig the Nanny's Silly "Patchouli". If you want the rest of my sample, just let me know.

Glad the concert was good - cool pic, for sure.

BTW, since you're the patchouli dude, I think you'd totally dig the Nanny's Silly "Patchouli". If you want the rest of my sample, just let me know.

Yes, it was a great concert. I tried to upload a short video, but it didn't work.

I'll shoot you a PM on the sample. Thanks.

Shave Count (DE: 238 SR: 105)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Zenith Boar
AA Bay Rum

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Feeling a bit better this morning and was again able to wake up on time. Stayed with most of yesterday's setup, but I did change my brush and went with the Zenith Boar. Loaded for 40 seconds and had a nice lather going on. The Zenith did eat my lather on the third pass and I had to reload. Went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today was a much better shave and I am BBS for the win! Much cleaner than yesterdays shave.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! I may have mentioned in a previous post, I scored some Christmas cash. So I ordered a vintage scuttle and a new DSCosmetics Silver Tip Badger and they are on the way. I think I am going to pick up some shaving towels too. And I may try to pick up another soap to try also, but I'm not sure which one. I think that's all that's going on. One day down and one to go on the work front. Life is good!

Back