The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 239 SR: 105)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Zenith Boar
AA Bay Rum

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Quick update. Same ... same. TGIF! Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 239 SR: 106)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Henckel SR
Omega Boar
WSP Gaelic Tweed

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
WSP Gaelic Tweed

It’s a cold overcast day, so I went with an uplifting scent today. It had been a short work week and I sported the DE. So ... time to get back to the SR. I also went ahead and mixed up the entire kit. I loaded the Gaelic Tweed for 40 seconds and whipped up a really nice lather. Threw a bit of water at it and had more than enough for 3 passes. This soap has some nice residual slickness too.

I hit the leather strop for 50 laps and was go to go. Went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I chased a bit today, but it’s all good. I walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and it lit me up. Not sure if that was me or the razor. I guess tomorrow will give me a bit more feedback. The AS settled down quickly and I smell great. Post shave with this combo is very nice. The missus is feeling better today and that is good. I have just a few errands to run and trying to stay warm today. Today is off to a very nice start. You guys be careful out there. Life is good.

Sorry about being lit up...but if you are going to glug...you gotta make sure that your shave is good!
1f60e.png

Shave Count (DE: 239 SR: 107)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Henckel SR
Vulfix Badger
Mudder Focker soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Mudder Focker AS

Another cold overcast day with drizzle. I went ahead and mixed up most of the kit. I loaded the Soap for 40 seconds and whipped up a nice lather with enough for 3+ passes. I’m still on the fence with the scent of this soap.

I hit the leather strop for 50 laps. Went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped things up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and it lit me up again. I may have a harsh edge, but I can’t feel it while shaving ... most odd. I also don’t see any irritation either. The AS again settled down quickly, so there is that. It also has a good post shave feel. I’ll change all of my kit for the work week and we’ll see where we land. Not much to do today, just hang out and smell ... meh. I think I’ll rub some steel on stones. Have a great day! Life is good.

Just curious Tim, but what don’t you like about the Mudder Focker scent? MF is one of the first soaps I tried and it’s become one of my favorites.

There’s some note in it that smells sharp. The AS has a really sharp, but different note at first, but then fades. After the dry down it smells like a heavt baby powder. I know sharp is not a real good description, but that’s all I got. Maybe it’s the anise, but I don’t know what that is supposed to smell like.

The wife likes it, but at the moment I’m just kinda indifferent. Maybe it will grow on me if I use it more.

I think I know what you mean by sharp. It definitely has a strong powder scent too. If you’re not into that I can see why you would be iffy. I haven't tried the AS, but of all the AS/soap combos I’ve used I’ve noticed that the AS is usually just a little bit different in some way.

Good shave Tim. Hope the day brightens up a bit for you. Feel free to send that rain out West!

Back