The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 236 SR: 99)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
Vulfix Badger
SC Bali Island sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

Morning shave today and mixed up the kit a bit. I went back to the samples and brought out the Turkish bowl this time. Threw a glob in the bowl and got after it. I had a bit too much. But by adding more water, it cranked out a nice lather. Maybe a bit too thick for the SR but still manageable. Kinda strange just face painting instead of whipping up the lather on your face.

Hit the leather strop for 50 laps. I stayed with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today was a BBS for the win! So when my lather collapsed last time, I may not have had enough product. With more than enough today, it didn’t collapse, but still doesn’t seem to have much residual slickness.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A touch of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Yeah, no glug of Nivia. Wife watched me shave today because we had to share the bathroom. I knew she was going to bump my elbow and slit my throat, but she didn’t. She asked me why I shaved three times. To which I explained the ancient wisdom of grain mapping and hair reduction. That was when I got the eye roll. She replied that she shaves from the ankle up, with some clean up. So ... one pass ATG with some clean up. I felt like a such a newb, until I reclaimed the upper hand. “Silence, it’s Zen like meditation stuff. I win.” Enjoy the day my friends. Life is good!

She replied that she shaves from the ankle up, with some clean up. So ... one pass ATG with some clean up.

I don't recall if I read this or if I watched a video, but recently picked up this piece of wisdom. Shaving your legs from the ankle up is the wrong direction, and the reason why many women nick their legs. Think about it.... they are basically starting against the grain.

I don't recall if I read this or if I watched a video, but recently picked up this piece of wisdom. Shaving your legs from the ankle up is the wrong direction, and the reason why many women nick their legs. Think about it.... they are basically starting against the grain.
That's pretty standard since they only do one pass. One ATG pass. We could do that if our hair all grew in one direction and wasn't as dense.

That's pretty standard since they only do one pass. One ATG pass. We could do that if our hair all grew in one direction and wasn't as dense.
Yeah, I know that's standard, but according to what I saw/read, it's wrong.

Well I’m certainly not going to be the one to tell them that. You can!
1f633.png
I ain’t scared!

KJ, if you have a ROSS around somewhere. I found this -

I didn’t buy it for ya. I got in trouble for looking at shave stuff while Christmas shopping.

I can't believe I walked into an argument on what the correct way to shave your legs is
I'm with Dave in KY!
1f606.png
Shaving is my hobby.... so I like to stay current on all aspects of it. It’s just me being a well rounded member of the Cadre!

KJ, if you have a ROSS around somewhere. I found this -
I don’t, but interesting anyway. No into body sprays though. I gave up those when I discovered this way of life and aftershaves!

I knew you looked like an AXE kind of guy!
1f61d.png
There were a couple of Axe scents that I did enjoy..... but it was the Old Spice body sprays that I settled on. I was freshly stocked up on 3 different scents when I discovered traditional wet shaving, and gave up that old spice stuff overnight.

Back