The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 96)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Joseph Allen SR
Omega boar
Tabac

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

Late morning shave today kept the razor but changed out everything else for the random shave weekend. I haven’t used Tabac in a bit so I thought I would break that one out. I will probably keep it for John’s Birthday shave tomorrow also. Since the boar runs wet, I loaded the soap for 40 seconds and got down to business. It cranked out a really nice , slick lather and had more than enough for three passes.

I then hit the strop for 20 laps on nylon and went 20 on leather. I stayed with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today was a much better shave and I walked with a BBS for the win! Now that’s what I’m talking about!

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Weather is better today and we are putting up the tree and decorating the house for Christmas. I know, I know, we got a late start. Anyway, a good way to spend the day. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 236 SR: 96)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Slim (I1)

Voskhod blade(1)
Graydog Synth
Tabac

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

Morning shave today and I brought out the Slim for John’s Birthday Shave. I haven’t used the Slim in a while and that is a shame. It was my second razor and my first vintage. And it is one great shave. Kept the Tabac today and grabbed the Graydog. I loaded the soap for 40 seconds and got down to business. I could have loaded a bit less. It cranked out a ton of slick lather and it was great. I had more than enough for three passes.

I stayed with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Just a nice, relaxing BBS Shave.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! No set plans today, we’ll just take it as it comes. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 236 SR: 97)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Boker SR
Vulfix Badge
SC Vetiver & Vanilla

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

Morning shave today ... oh, I may have forgot to mention that I am burning my last week of vacation. So I may just go random. When I received my Stone Cottage samples, I mentioned to my wife that they had soap bars and what not. So I then had to place another order. They also had some original formula creams with a deep discount. So I picked this one up.

I loaded the cream for 30 seconds and built a nice lather. It was a decent shave, but not awesome. I’m not a frag head and that gives me trouble with knowing what a scent is or what it should smell like. I guess I just smelled Vetiver because I didn’t smell vanilla. I stayed with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I did manage to pull out a BBS, so that’s a win. With that said, the soap made me work for it. It does not seem to have any residual slickness. That may be on me, so I’ll give it a few more shaves to confirm.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Post shave feel was nice, so there is that. Was able to get away for a bit and pick up a Christmas gift for the missus. She has an appointment tomorrow, so I should be able to finish shopping while she is out. Life is good!

Nice shave Tim! I’m trying to talk the wife in to trying some of the artisan bar soaps and shampoo bars. Get away from the mass produced stuff. She’s been a tough sell so far lol.

Shave Count (DE: 236 SR: 98)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Boker SR
Omega boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Morning shave today and a great start to the day. Today seemed like a good day for Sandalwood. And for me, Sandalwood means a boar brush. So the Omega got the call today. Loaded the brush for 30 seconds and it was go time. It cranked out a ton of great smelling lather.

Hit the leather strop for 50 laps. I stayed with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today was a BBS for the win!

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yup, that’s right, I went all in for the glug. Post shave feel was very nice. Clean shaven and smelling great, it’s time to take on the world. Have some errands to run today, so I’m off to play on the freeway. Life is good!

Back