The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Nice Tim! I typically shave at night, but I’ve yet to have a shave so close I was still BBS the next morning. Good stuff!
Thanks Steve! Kinda bittersweet since I don’t mind shaving. Oh well, another evening shave today.
Nice shave Tim! I typically shave in the morning and rarely shave at night. But when I do shave at night it is really a nice way to finish the day!
Oh yeah!
Good shave Tim!

Thanks Chris!

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 94)

Pre Shave-

Hot shower and warm water splash to shave.

Shave-

Joseph Allen SR

Graydog Synth

SC Patchouli sample

Post Shave-

Warm water splash

Nivia ASB

Great shave yesterday. I wrapped up the day with an another evening shave. I kept most of the same setup, but I did add the Turkish bowl into the mix. I also took the raisin bran approach and added two scoops just for grins. I ran the brush wet and with the additional soap, it just exploded. I may have to add another hook to my shave shelf to hang a squeegee on. Big, wet, sploppy mess and it was all good! Even with that, I still like face lathering better. I then hit the strop for 20 laps on nylon and went 50 on leather. I stayed with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. Put another check in win column ... walking away BBS!

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A bit of the Nivia ASB and everything was right as rain! You knew it would be. Today is the end of the work week for me. Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary, so I took the day off. It's been a strange week anyway at the office. Our department has reorganized a bit and people have been moving around, reshuffled to other areas and what not. I had my last quarterly review for the year. Apparently I have done well with my assigned duties this year, but am expected to work harder and be more aggressive with projects next year. Oh yay! Anyway, enough of that mess. I think I will have to start tomorrow off with a nice Santal et Patchouli shave. Then onto some random shaves for the weekend. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 95)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Joseph Allen SR
Vulfix Badger
SC santal et Patchouli sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

Started this day with a morning shave today. Changed just a few things and was really looking forward to the Santal. I guess it’s just the combination of all the base notes. The brighter notes fall off quickly and the dry down scent is just awesome. I would really like to add this scent to my rotation, but I would want a matching AS. I smeared a glob of the sample on my brush and went straight to a face lather. Built up a great smelling lather that was working well.

I then hit the strop for 20 laps on nylon and went 25 on leather. I stayed with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have drama to report. I have drama. Great first pass, second pass started to weaken. On the third pass, BOOM the lather collapsed into a milky mess. I pressed on and had that crap all over my razor and running down to my elbow. Well ... I said drama, but I didn’t cut myself. Ended up BBS on my cheeks and DFS on my next. So scratch a tick mark into the crap shave column.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A bit of the Nivia ASB and everything was NOT right as rain! Man that was a really disappointing shave. Anyway ... it’s my wedding anniversary so let’s turn that frown upside down. Cold front moved through so it’s nasty outside. We’ll see what the day holds. At the end of the day, it’s just a shave ... Life is good!

Bummer the lather petered our on you. At least you salvaged the shave! Have a great anniversary!

Happy Anniversary Tim! I don't think I'd call that a bad shave without bloodshed.

Back