The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Great deal on the Strop and nice shave! I just picked up some PdP No. 63 on the cheap so I can't wait to see what you all are talking about!

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 90)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Badger
SC Sandalwood Cream sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

Mixed it up today with a Stone Cottage sample that I hadn’t tried yet. Man, my sniffer really sucks. I smelled wax, a lightly scented wax. Smeared a small glob of the cream on the Badger and got after it. The lather was nice and the scent stayed the same. The creams do have a residual slickness if you run a wet hand back over your face. And they lather and hold water well enough.

I hit the SRD strop for 20 laps on nylon and 20 on leather. I then went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away this morning with a BBS for the win! That was a good shave.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A bit of the Nivia ASB and everything was right as rain! Had the missus give me the sniff test and she really likes it. She can also smell the Sandalwood, so what do I know. I guess there is a Sandalwood in there. It’s cold and rainy again today and will be for a few days grrrrrrrrr. In spite of that ... Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 91)

Pre Shave-

Shave-

Dovo SR

Omega Pro Boar

AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-

Warm water splash

AA Bay Rum AS

Wrapping up the random shave weekend and grabbed the Bay Rum. The lather looked good enough today, but it may have been a bit dry. I also noticed there wasn
’t much residual slickness. I’ll have to pay more attention to that in the future.

I hit the strop for 20 laps on nylon and 20 on leather. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away this morning BBS.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Visiting a senior center today, so I hope the eye patch and scent doesn’t cause any alarm. Life is good!

That was a great buy on the strop! They had been whittling down their entire inventory for the past few months. They started with the 30% discount, then went to 40, then 50, then 70. I got a replacement buffalo strop piece at the beginning of the sale.

That was a great buy on the strop! They had been whittling down their entire inventory for the past few months. They started with the 30% discount, then went to 40, then 50, then 70. I got a replacement buffalo strop piece at the beginning of the sale.

I had stumbled across it at 40%, but was debating on what to buy, if anything. At 70, I couldn’t pass it up.

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 92)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Joseph Allen SR
Vulfix Badger
SC Santal et Patchouli sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

So this morning I woke up on time and needed to decide what was on deck today. I don't want to plan that kinda stuff early, that would ruin the surprise. Anyway, this sounded like a good week for Patchouli. I'm not sure if I will run with the Santal all week, or switch between it and the straight up sample ... we'll see. So I smeared a glob of the sample on my brush and got down to business. I really dig this scent! Now that I say that, I may have to switch back and forth during the week. Oh ... so the lather whipped up nice and smelled great. I had a better residual slickness today and could easily go back over a few areas.

I hit the strop for 20 laps on nylon and 20 on leather. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I did have a bit of cleanup because I started my shave with one eye open. Cleanup done and it was worth the chase. Today I walked away BBS and smelling great! That friends and neighbors is a win!

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A bit of the Nivia ASB and everything was right as rain! The Nivia is lightly scented so it doesn't really mask the scent of the shave cream. I really wish they made a matching AS for this scent, it does smell great. So, back to the grind this week, so let's see what it holds for us. Life is good!

Nice shave Tim!

I like The fact that the Nivea is scented just enough that you can use it on its own and it leaves a very faint lingering scent. Or you can put splash on before or after and overpower it.

Nice shave Tim!

I like The fact that the Nivea is scented just enough that you can use it on its own and it leaves a very faint lingering scent. Or you can put splash on before or after and overpower it.

I really like a matching AS. But the Nivia does really well.

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 93)

Pre Shave-
Hot shower and warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Joseph Allen SR
Vulfix Badger
SC Patchouli sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

Overslept yesterday and hit snooze one too many times. So I had to go with an evening shave last night. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. I loaded my brush with the SC sample of straight up Patchouli. I really dig this scent too! But I may give a slight edge to the Santal version. I whipped up a nice lather and it smelled great, but may have been touch dry.

I hit the strop for 20 laps on nylon and 20 on leather. I again went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. Put another check in the BBS column, that was a win!

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A bit of the Nivia ASB and everything was right as rain! That was a great way to wrap up the day, with a relaxing shower and shave. Yup, I dig this scent too. Thought I might get to lather up this morning and do a little cleanup before work. Nope, no need I am still good to go. Guess I’ll wrap up today with another evening shave. Life is good!

Nice shave Tim! I typically shave in the morning and rarely shave at night. But when I do shave at night it is really a nice way to finish the day!

Back