The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Great way for the company to kick off the holiday season! Hope it goes well Tim!
Enjoy the night Tim. It always feels nice to be able to help others. Nice brush addition as well!

Thanks guys! We had a good time. At the VA we split into several groups. They ask for volunteers to go to the spinal cord injury wing. We always volunteer for that. The guys in that wing are always glad to see and talk to someone. Plus giving them a Christmas gift is a bonus.

Not sure what it is. But it looks like a soap eater
1f601.png

Any markings on the bottom of the handle? Mine has a 48 marked there.

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 88)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Omega Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Woohoo! Got up early enough for an SR shave this morning. Quick post this morning. I kept most of my kit except the razor. Once again I stayed with the wetter brush and loaded the Proraso heavy. It cranked out a really nice lather. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away this morning with a BBS for the win! Yup, yup, yup it was nice.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Speaking of rain, we have rain moving in this afternoon and they are predicting 3-5 inches. No worries, this is my short week so it's my Friday. Hope everyone has a great day. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 89)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Omega Pro Boar
PdP 63 soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
PdP 63 ASB

Started my weekend today, so I went with a random shave. And since I was off work, you can bet I went with the late morning shave. Brought the new Omega and a new strop on deck today. I was fully expecting this brush to misbehave. I thought I would be loading for all three passes, but I was pleasantly surprised. This brush, and my Zenith, both seem to hold more water than my original Omega. No worries it’s just an adjustment in loading and lathering. Loaded the brush for 40 seconds and really could have done less. This brush has a nice splay and plenty of backbone, which is right where I like it. It also did a great job with the lather. And given its size, it covers a lot of ground fast.

The new strop is from Straight Razor Design. They were clearing them out at 70 percent off and who could pass that up? This is a leather and cloth setup and I opted for the D rings instead of handles. The buid quality of this one is really so much better than the Illinois. After using the Poorman’s, then the Illinois and now this one, I think I prefer the cowhide better too. I hit the strop for 20 laps on cloth and 20 on leather. I then went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away this morning with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a towel dry. A smear of the ASB and everything was right as rain! It’s cold and rainy today so I’m not sure what to do with myself. I could do some work from home ... nah. All the DE’s and brushes are cleaned; and the SR’s are honed. What is a guy to do on a lazy day? I’m sure I can find something to piddle with. You guys have a great day and be careful out there. Life is good!

Back