The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

It can't be a bad day if it starts with a great shave! Good luck with the system upgrade. ?
A system upgrade? Didn’t they know it was a Monday after your vacay?!?

At at least you started back to work with a great shave!

Issues with the upgrade, so part 2 is tomorrow. More new projects with a due date of EOY. An IT meeting today to announce new staff changes within our department. Ah ... fun times. Thank goodness for shaving ?

Shave Count (DE: 234 SR: 87)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Omega Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Off to a slow start again this morning, so I kept the same gear. Tried the same lathering technique with the soap (using a fairly wet brush) and loaded for 45 seconds. I think this Omega is finally starting to relax a bit, but it a good way. It is finally starting to splay, just a bit more. The lather exploded once again this morning. Had a nice, rich lather going with no blade feel. Not sure yet, but I may settle into the DE for most, if not all of the work week.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away this morning with a BBS for the win! Man, sometimes these easy shaves are the best. Wrapped up my shave with two splashes of water (just to mix things up) and a quick towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! So, more fun times today in the world of IT. Boots on, so let's kick this pig. Life is good!

I’ve been feeling pretty slow myself mornings as of late. I hope you’re able to adjust soon. At least you got the shave off!

Shave Count (DE: 235 SR: 87)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Omega Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Ok ... today, same same. Have a nice day!

JK ... well not really. Moving quicker this morning and got up on time. I kept the same gear again and the shave was a carbon copy of the last several days. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away this morning with a BBS for the win!

Blah, blah, blah ... everything was right as rain! We have our company Christmas dinner tonight and that should be a good time. We start the evening with service to others. We have buses running to: the soup kitchen (homeless), the VA hospital and several nursing homes. The missus and I will be at the VA. We deliver gifts, sing Christmas carols, etc. Then wrap up the evening with dinner and song. Have a great day everyone! Life is good!

Shave mail. I had a new to me Omega brush waiting for me when I got home.

It is the one with the chrome handle and pictured with my current Omega and Zenith to show the size difference. This thing is massive.

Back