The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Thank goodness for samples so you can try them out. I was interested in trying Glastonbury, but last time I checked it said sold out. Has it been discontinued?

KJ also suggested St Charles. I’ll have to check them out too. Oh ... and I’m ok with full on hippy ?

I was interested in trying Glastonbury, but last time I checked it said sold out. Has it been discontinued?
I swear it was in stock a couple weeks ago when I looked, but the soap is all gone now. It’s one of their seasonal scents, so it will be back.

Shave Count (DE: 232 SR: 86)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Graydog Synth
Stone Cottage Santel de Patchouli cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

A late morning shave again. My wife walked in on my shave and to her surprise I was using a DE. I have sold, traded or PIFed most of them away, but I kept four. They haven’t had much love lately, so the Goodwill was on deck today.

Today we are face lathering. Smeared some of this new cream onto the synth. I went with more product today and even with just a quick dip and shake, this brush holds a ton of water. First pass was sloppy wet but never broke down. Man that was some messy goodness right there. The scent of this cream is nice. With the mix of scents it’s brighter than straight up Patchouli but nice. The missus loves it. The second and third passes weren’t as wet and the lather was nice. Had a much better lather today than yesterday.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away BBS for the win! An awesome relaxing shave.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the ASB and you know everything was right as rain! This vendor has some great scents so far. The only problem is that I really like a matching AS. I guess I could work on a base AS and start playing with Essential Oils to see if I could match some of these. Two great scents back to back and I know I can get better performance out of this cream. Supposed to hit 70 degrees today. I am again BBS and I smell great. Life is good!

107% today! sometimes I’m an overachiever
1f601.png
Shaving Jedi

Shave Count (DE: 232 SR: 87)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Badger
Stone Cottage Fougere cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

So ... last of the random shaves for a few days and back to the grind tomorrow. The Dovo and Vulfix are on deck today. Also trying another SC cream.

Today I face lathered again. Smearing some of this cream onto the Badger. I went with a good size sample and cranked out another nice lather. This one has a pretty nice scent too and is missus approved. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the ASB and everything was right as rain! The Nivia does have a light scent, but you can still smell the cream over the ASB. Good stuff. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 233 SR: 87)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Goodwill
Omega Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

OMG ... this getting up earlier is not fun. Well, you know me running a bit late and had to grab the DE ... but it's all good. Settled in with Proraso Red for the week. And Proraso just seems to require a boar brush, so things just cascaded from there.

Full on face lather today. I loaded the brush for 45 seconds, ran it really wet and man that worked out great. It built a really nice lather and there was no blade feel during the shave. I even opened both eyes to make sure I was shaving. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama to report. I walked away BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the ASB and you know everything was right as rain! Well,except for the whole getting up early and what not. Coming off of a vacation and into a major system upgrade on a Monday. Oh man ... Life is good!

Back