The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Great couple of shaves Tim! I ended up PIF'ing the Proraso Red very early on, but it was enjoyable. Easy to lather and good performance as well. I have yet to try any of the Single Blade line...the Azure Lime looks enticing.

The Red is a staple in my den! That strong wood note with underlying freshness, especially with the AS, so nice.

I’ll get my hands on some Wood and Spice eventually, sounds really good! I don’t see it sold as much comparatively as the Cypress and Vetyver, but that’s not saying much; my local shave scene is a desert for brick and mortar shops.

....For those of you watching at home, that is two in a row. I hit the AS splash and everything was right as rain +1. Post shave feel is always spot on. My humble day began again with an awesome shave and a great start to the day....

Can't ask for anything better than that! Excellent start to the day indeed!

Grrrrrrrrr!

Woke up late and missed the morning shave. I am scruffy and have a day full of working meetings.

This sucks! I’m going to have grumpy cat face all day.

But hey, you’ll get to take your time if you decide to shave this evening right?

Great couple of shaves Tim! Proraso is great stuff! To me the Single Blade cream is a better performer than the original, but not by much.

I'm a big fan of Proraso Red too. In fact, it was one of the first non canned goo creams I bought for myself. It's been a while since I've taken it for a spin. Maybe I'll break it out for tomorrow's shave.

I'm a big fan of Proraso Red too. In fact, it was one of the first non canned goo creams I bought for myself. It's been a while since I've taken it for a spin. Maybe I'll break it out for tomorrow's shave.

My first soap was VDH. Before the puck was finished, I ordered the Proraso Red and never looked back.

I know right?

I usually shave at night anyway and was able to wrap up the day with a great shave. Just to give our resident super hero Spidey a hard time, I decided to go with a SOTNBIMTSOTD. Rant on brother, it’s all good. I had never heard of SOTN until that thread.

I kept the same setup and that combo delivered again. Looks like the sample will make it til the weekend. Life is good.

Nice shave Tim, well I guess it was anyway.
1f644.png
1f601.png

I think I've only had a couple SOTN, but a little more frequently it can be a SOTA when I have a lot of chores on a weekend morning.

Great stuff, Tim! I am a night shaver now myself. Every once in awhile I will shave after my morning shower on a weekend, but primarily I love to relax and shave about an hour or two before bedtime.

The last few shaves were evening shaves, which is my normal. Today I had the day off and tried an afternoon shave. Nice!

Pre Shave-
Hot water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette OC
Astra SP
No name Badger
Proraso Wood & Spice cream sample

Post Shave-
Hot water splash
Proraso Wood & Spice ASB sample

I got the lather dialed in quickly. I think I just had to get a couple of shaves in to find my groove with this soap.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and had no drama. It was another great shave and the Gillette delivered a BBS, yet again. I hit the ASB and everything was right as rain. Post shave feel, after the ASB settles, is spot on.

I may have mentioned this already, but this one will be added to the rotation.

Back