The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Good stuff, Tim.

BTW, which Zenith boar did you get (specs)? The one I have (26/64) whips up a lather like nobody's business.

Shave mail. I had an Amazon gift card with just enough money to pick up a stone holder and Naniwa lapping stone. Didn’t have enough for the DMT.

Good stuff, Tim.

BTW, which Zenith boar did you get (specs)? The one I have (26/64) whips up a lather like nobody's business.

Uh ... crud, I threw the box away. I’ll measure it and let you know. I’m sure it will be fine once it’s broke in.

Shave Count (DE: 229 SR: 74)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
Graydog Synth
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Had another couple of minutes to spare this morning and scored a shave with the same setup as yesterday. Hit the BR tub again for 30 seconds and cranked out a nice lather.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Once again I started the day off with a 95% BBS for the win! I will take it any day.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Weather report instead of a shave kit pic for today. Looking forward to the Big 75 shave! Been crazy busy at work again this week and have been bringing work home as well. I'll have to get caught back up on all of the other journals as time allows. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 230 SR: 75)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR
Zenith Boar
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

So ... just to get caught back up, I am recording the last two shaves in this post. Yesterday morning I changed out the brush and went with the Zenith. I managed to pull a nice lather out of it, but it took a 60 second load time to do it. I think the brush just needs some time to break in and it should be fine. Anyway, got it and had a nice lather going.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Once again I started the day off with a 95% BBS for the win! Went with my standard post shave and started the day smelling great. My shave took a bit longer than expected, plus I had hit snooze one too many times. With that and the multiple wrecks on the way to work, I was very late.

This morning I started off hitting snooze, so I had to grab the Gillette Old Type. It was still loaded with a blade (5). I will probably bin that blade this weekend and load up the Slim for upcoming DE shaves. I also changed brushes and went with the Vulbix Badger. I had a great lather with that brush and had my lather wet enough for an SR, if I had time.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have minimal drama to report. And ... I walked away with a BBS for the win! So, the day is starting off well. Oh ... on the drama. I nicked myself in the center of my Adam's Apple. Good gosh, I can count the numbers of nicks I've had on one hand. I can't believe I did that. Took a bit to stop the bleeding, the AS didn't do it.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Another weather report instead of a shave kit pic for today. I can hardly wait to see what the day holds. It's been another crazy busy week and will not be slowing down anytime soon. But TGIF! We may also be watching our 3 month old granddaughter this weekend, so that should be fun. Life is good!

Got this in the mail yesterday. I’ve been cleaning on it a bit, but it needs more. That and a good honing.

Shave Count (DE: 229 SR: 76)

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-
Sheffield SR
Zenith Boar
PDP 63 soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

PDP 63 ASB

I like to celebrate the weekend with a late morning shave, but that was not to be today. Hit the ground running with home maintenance and yard work. Temps hit 70 today and the sun was shining. Since it’s a random shave weekend. I changed out all my gear. Hit the PDP for 30 seconds and cranked out a nice lather. Did you catch that and can you believe it? The Zenith cranked out enough lather for 3 nice passes.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Look out Cub Scouts, I walked away with a solid 98+% BBS. Oh yeah, that is one sweet win!.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and towel dry. A smear of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Knocked out some honey-do’s and got to spend time with both of my granddaughters today. The wife and I sure do enjoy the little ones. Then wrapped up the day with an awesome shave! Yes my friends ... Life is good!

Back