The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Glad my kids are past the visiting Santa phase. But one year my wife and I had our pic done with him to give my mom ?

Glad my kids are past the visiting Santa phase. But one year my wife and I had our pic done with him to give my mom
1f642.png

I tried to get my kids to do it, but they wouldn't.

Hope your better half feels better for Thanksgiving!

I’m a regular night shaver and I have to say it is a great way to wind down every night.

I will do either or. It mainly depends on whether or not I oversleep. But late morning shaves on a day off are awesome!

WOW! Nice Straight! Hope the wife is 100% soon!

Now back to the real question...when will someone collect enough Santa Beard to make a magical Christmas Shave Brush!

Shave Count (DE: 231 SR: 78)

Pre Shave-
Hot shower and warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Sheffield SR
Vulfix Badger
WSP Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
WSP Gaelic Tweed ASB

Great shave this morning. Had an awesome lather going on too. I tried loading my brush a bit differently and it worked very well.

I hit the strop 20 laps on fabric and 50 laps on leather and was good to go. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with 98% BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Time for food, family and football. Gobble gobble. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 231 SR: 79)

Pre Shave-
Hot shower and warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Sheffield SR
Zenith Boar
DR Harris Winsor Cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Thayers WH

Nivia ASB

Mixed things up a bit for last nights shave. Grabbed the Dr Harris tube and my shave bowl. Since that boar holds alot of water, I went a little heavy on the cream. Whipped up a nice lather and got to it.

I hit the strop 20 laps on fabric and 50 laps on leather. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with 95% BBS for the win! One thing I found strange was, with all the water I through at it the lather felt kinda dry.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a towel dry. Then splashed on the WH and gave it a bit to dry. Then finished it up with the Nivia ASB. Cleaned up my gear and everything was right as rain! Life is good!

Back