The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

....Jealous you get to work from home the rest of the week....
My 9 year old daughter definitely wishes that I worked from home. She tells me on a regular basis how much she hates my job.
1f60e.png

2018 Shave Count (DE: 228 SR: 69)

Pre Shave-
Warm and a water splash to shave.

Shave-
Sheffield SR
Zenith Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Prorasoc AS

Had another late morning shave today and I really dig those. Went ahead and kept the same kit too. I think I may have figured out this brush. I think it’s holding more water than I thought and breaking down my lather. I tried the same routine I use on the Omega. Soaked it for about 30 seconds and then loaded the soap for 20 seconds. Got a single pass out of it. Reloaded for a second pass. Then had to reload again. We’ll try this again tomorrow with just a quick dip in the water.

Stropped the cloth with 20 laps, then 20 laps on leather. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with at 95%+ BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Cold and dreary today so I’ll probably goof around with razors. I have a couple of 4/8 and
the Boker I need to hone. Also need to put together my balsa strops. Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 228 SR: 70)

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and a water splash to shave.

Shave-
Adresso 27 4/8 SR
Graydog Synth
WSP Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
WSP Gaelic Tweed AS

Mixed it up a bit today and started my random shave weekend early. Grabbed a shower then to choose my kit. The Adresso 27 got the nod. I recently pulled a chip out of it and put an edge on it. I wanted a test shave on it before it ships out. It’s been sold. Gave the Mudder a sniff and it was just meh. So the Gaelic Tweed got the nod. And you know the brush. Dipped it in water, 20 seconds on the puck and BOOM! It was go time.

Stropped on the Illinois, the cloth for 20 laps, then 20 laps on leather. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a DFS for the win! A bit of backsliding here, but it could be my angle.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug (oh yeah!) of the AS and everything was right as rain! Sun is out today and I smell great! So I’ll hit the PO and drop off the razor. The wife and I are going to catch an early movie today ... Bohemian Rhapsody. Life is good!

Back