The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

2018 Shave Count (DE: 228 SR: 64)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix badger
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Ok here we go, started my day off with a shave. Hit the Dovo with 20 laps on the Illinois cloth and 25 laps on the leather. I'm still not sure what I think of this strop, because it's fast with no draw. But, I'll run it for awhile and see how it maintains my edges. Kept the same gear again today to wrap up the work week. Loaded the Vulfix for the customary 20 seconds and threw water at it as I went. Cranked out a nice lather that smelled great.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Feeling pretty good with another solid 90% BBS. No irritation, but I did have one racing stripe on my lower neck. I don't really mind those, they keep you humble.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and that was it. I'm at work now. Have a nice day!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 228 SR: 65)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix badger
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Today was a late morning shave. Grabbed the Illinois and hit the cloth side with 20 laps, then 20 laps on leather. I loaded the brush for 20 seconds also and got down to business.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today was a solid 95% BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I’m glad to have the work week behind me. I’m looking good and smell great! Off to a birthday party, hope everyone has a great day! Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 228 SR: 66)

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and a water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Zenith Boar
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

Last night was a strange shave. I changed up the brush and soap/AS combo to start into the work week. Grabbed the Illinois and hit the cloth side with 20 laps, then 20 laps on leather.

I tried the Marco method since this brush ate my lather on the first shave. I thought I would hammer it on a milled soap. With a very wet brush, I went big and loaded the brush for 60 seconds. Threw a bit more water at it and had a decent lather. Started lathering for the second pass and my lather faded. Back to the puck I went. I also had to do this for the third pass. Guess I’ll sit this one to the side and pound it with break-in lathers for a bit.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Yesterday I was a solid 90%ish BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Now to psych myself up for the work week. Life is good!

Back