The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 57-58)

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-
Sheffied SR
Omega Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Last two nights with the same gear. I bumped the load time up to 25 seconds and threw more water at it. Nice, very nice.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Both nights were a mixed bag of BBS and DFS. That my friends, is a win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water, a quick towel dry and a splash of the AS. Everything was right as rain! I know I’ve mentioned it a few times, but I really dig Proraso Red. I can get it slick enough to shave with a straight and that scent. Man, that scent. It’s not complex and doesn’t unfold like a Tarantino film. It’s simple and classy ... a classic! Life is good!

Absolutely nothing wrong with a simple one note scent! I love the smell of just sandalwood...just clean and manly all at the same time!

....doesn’t unfold like a Tarantino film....

1f60e.png
1f44d.png

I realized that when using the Proraso with my DE, I never unlocked its potential. I pushed it this week and that potential came alive with the straight. Don’t mind me, I can sometimes be easily excitable ?

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 59)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-

Kikuokan SR (4/8)
Graydog Synth

WSP Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
WSP Gaelic Tweed AS

Mixed it up with a late morning shave. Changed up all the kit as well. Loaded the Graydog for 25 seconds and had a ton of water. Slinging lather everywhere, it was greatness!

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today I walked away with a DFS- for the win! I’m still working on the angle of that little 4/8.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and you know everything was right as rain! Very nice way to start the day. Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 60)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Badger
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

This morning I switched over to the Dovo and changed all my kit again. I haven’t been using this razor much, so I’ll try and change that. Loaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds and ran it wet. I had a good slick lather going.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. The razor was very sharp, but just a tad harsh. Another round on the balsa should smooth that out. Today was an outstanding shave! I tried a few different things I picked up in a video and it delivered. I walked away 98% BBS for the win! I cannot believe it, I was so close! That’s what I’m talking about right there! I probably won’t get that again tomorrow, but I know it’s there just within reach.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and you know ... oh yeah you know everything was right as rain! Awesome shave and I smell good! It’s gonna be a great day! Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 61)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix Badger
Mudder Focker soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Mudder Focker AS

In keeping with the random shave weekend, I changed up the soap/AS combo today. Loaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds and ran it wet again. I had a nice lather worked up.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today was another outstanding shave! That’s right friends and neighbors, today I walked away 98% BBS for the win! Two days in a row and I am stoked!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS everything was right as rain! Last couple of days have been warm and sunny. It’s been nice but I can’t really enjoy it trying to stay off my foot. Oh well, I am clean shaven and smell good. Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 228 SR: 61)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP blade (4)
Vulfix Badger
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Had an early morning shave before work today. Unfortunately I didn't have time for the Dovo, so I grabbed the Old Type. I can't complain about a DE shave day, they haven't been getting much love lately. So ... what sounds good for the week? That's right GTB baby! I kept the Vulfix on deck and loaded it for 20 seconds. Whipped up a nice, slick and great smelling lather.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I did have to move along at a faster pace, which was a drag. But even with that, the Old Type just delivers. I really do like this razor. Today I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double-shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! Well ... off to work. Hey I am BBS and smell great. Life is good!

Back