The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Come on, that’s GTB. Shouldn’t it be whatever is better than right as rain?

2018 Shave Count (DE: 228 SR: 62)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR
Zenith Boar
GTB soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
GTB AS

Had a few extra minutes this morning and queued up the Dovo. I thought I would also give the Zenith a try. The bristles were soft and had good backbone. I loaded the brush for 20 seconds each pass and whipped up a sloppy mess. The brush kept eating my lather and the only nice thing you could say about the lather was that it was slick.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. The lather was so wet I basically squeegeed it off with the straight. The shave was not pleasant but I pushed through and walked away 85% BBS. That was a hard fought win!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. I hit it with a shot of the AS, fully expecting it to light me up. Surprise! Everything was right as rain! Traffic sucked this morning and I was late. Oh ... and for my friend Dave ... Life is good!

Just a random thought for the day:
I woke up late,
didn’t get to shave this morning,
got to work late,
I forgot my lunch,
it is cooler and raining again today.
Instead of winding down the year, we are still going at a break neck pace with new projects and aggressive timelines.

Gosh ... this stubble feels like 60 grit sandpaper, I need a do over! Today sucks, the rain sucks, life sucks and then you die. So ... there ya go Dave! (You know which Dave you are ?)

JK! All of those things did happen today, but such is life. Happy hump day everyone and Happy Halloween! You guys be careful out there.

I need a do over! Today sucks, the rain sucks, life sucks and then you die. So ... there ya go Dave! (You know which Dave you are
1f633.png
)

I think we ALL know to which Dave you are referring!

Hey, you forget your lunch you get to go out right?!?

Ya, that Dave in KY. He's such a wet blanket ?

Hey, you forget your lunch you get to go out right?!?

Ya, that Dave in KY. He's such a wet blanket ?

DUDE! You jinxed me. I did have to get out at lunch and it was freaking raining. Had an umbrella, but my foot got soaked in this open toe walking shoe thing.

2018 Shave Count (DE: 228 SR: 63)

Pre Shave-

Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-

Dovo SR

Vulfix badger

GTB soap

Post Shave-

Warm water splash

GTB AS

Last night was a definite redemption shave. Switched back to the Illinois strop and hit the cloth side with 20 laps. Then 25 laps on leather and it was go time. I loaded the brush for 20 seconds and had a great lather going that was was slick.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Last night I walked away 90% BBS. That was a very rewarding win! After my day yesterday, it was a great way to wind things down.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A light splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Nothing like a nice shower and shave to wash off the day. Think I may stay with an evening shave the rest of the week. Life is good!

Back