The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Nice Shave yesterday...but sorry about the twisted ankle. But DFS makes it all better...well maybe a little better!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 54)

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-
Filarmonica 4/8 SR
Omega Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

For the Sunday evening shave, I went ahead and changed up all my gear. I had put an edge on the Filarmonica 4/8, so I thought I would give that one a go. Loaded the boar a little heavier, at 30 seconds, just to make a mess. It was a nice lather, but a tad dry.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I ended up with a mixed bag of DFS and CCS. I think I need a bit of practice finding the correct shave angle with the smaller blades. Overall not bad, but can be improved upon. I think I will shelve the smaller razors until the weekend and get back to the Sheffied.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I really dig the Proraso Red AS. I didn't end up with any irritation, so there is that. Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 55)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Sheffied SR
Omega Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Last night I parked the 4/8 for later and broke out the Sheffied. Dropped the load time on the Boar down to 20 seconds and had a really nice lather going. Everthing just clicked, the lather was wet and slick. I even had residual slickness to go back over a few spots with just a splash of water.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away last night with 90% BBS. Standing at the mirror I did have a bit of nagging pain in the ankle from too much walking at work yesterday. I do have my ankle wrapped and in one of those ortho shoes, so that does help.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! There is just something about that Proraso Red ... good stuff. No irritation, just a nice clean shave to wrap up the day. Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 56)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Sheffied SR
Omega Boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Last night I kept the same gear and probably will for the remainder of the week. Kept the load time on the Boar at 20 seconds and got a nice lather going.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I backslid a bit and walked away with a DFS last night. I will call that a win! Not sure if I was just tired, or if my new pre-shave routine caused the backslide ... we'll see.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Just a
nice, relaxing, uneventful shave ... nothing wrong with that. Life is good!

Back