The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 49)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra AS
Vulfix Badger
PdP 63 soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
PsP 63 ASB

Again I was a bit pressed for time this morning and I haven't even hit snooze one time this week. I will probably keep everything the same for the work week also. I loaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds. and this soap just lathers really well.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Once again I am BBS for the win! Very nice ... very nice indeed!

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. You already know I smeared of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Well they say the rain should end by Friday, so we will see. Life is good!

nice read Tim was watching the news on the Waco area and NW of Austin WOW thats some flooding, Be safe

Those poor people South of me are getting it worse. Lamar river flood stage is 10ft. They expect it to crest at 43ft.

Wow prayer to all we are looking at the Canyon Lake area between Austin and San Antonio once the boss retires

Shave mail. My razors came in and I’m not sure what I think. I knew one was a 4/8, but the whole lot is 4/8.

You got some nice ones in there and 4/8s are a blast to shave with , nice haul

I bet you’ll enjoy them all the same!

That pearlescent one and the brown scaled one are showing just enough spine; they’re calling my name! Can’t wait to see em unfolded and used!

Thanks guys! I actually bought the lot for the Japanese one with the pearlescent scales and the Filarmonica. The brown scaled one has an interesting grind, I’ll have to see if I can get some good pics.

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 50)

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-
Three Ranners SR
Vulfix Badger
PdP 63 soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
PsP 63 ASB

No time for a morning shave yesterday, so I had to wind the day down with a shave. It’s all good, I still got a shave in. Moved back over to the SR to knock out shave #50. Woohoo half way there! I loaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds. and this soap just lathered really well again.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Last night I was 80% BBS for the win! I’ll take that any day.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A bit of the ASB and everything was right as rai
n! I have a couple of GD razors and a diamond pasted strop coming in a pass around. They should be here today or tomorrow. And we’ll give them a test drive. Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 227 SR: 51)

Pre Shave-

Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-

Gold Dollar SR

Vulfix Badger

PdP 63 soap

Post Shave-

Warm water splash

PsP 63 ASB

Woohoo passed the halfway mark! Had another evening shave last night too. I am in a Gold Dollar pass-around, so I gave one of them a try. I l
oaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds and off I go.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Last night I was mostly DFS for the win! I’ll take that. The razor is sharp, but blade size, weight, etc were different than what I’m used to. I also didn’t realize the difference that jimps make, until they aren’t there.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Skipped the ASB just because and everything was right as rain! I have to give this one and the other GD another go. Life is good!

How would you quantify the GD experience so far? Better than your other SRs? Worse? Or just different?

I keep seeing your posts and decide I'll use 63 the next day. Then I totally forget until I see your next shave. Keep it up, I'll remember!

Back