The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Excellent!

And regarding the Semogue vs. Omega....I used to prefer Semogue boars by a wide margin over Omega boars. However, I've done a complete 180, in that I now much prefer larger boar knots, and thus the Omega big boars have unseated Semogue. As a matter of fact, I don't even own a single Semogue anymore. But there are a couple of other boar knots that are worth mentioning in the discussion as well: Zenith boars, and TGN boars. Both are worthy, especially the TGN.

Thanks Chris! Not really a competition on the boars, just a preference. I won’t worry about another boar until this one falls apart.

2018 Shave Count (DE: 225 SR: 46)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Three Ranners SR
Vulfix Badger
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Another late morning shave, I know it’s hard to believe. Thought I’d mix it up again and grabbed the eye patch. 50 quick laps on the poorman leather and off we go.

I loaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds and ran the brush a little wet again. It built a really nice,slick lather. Today I did find a few of those prickly few hairs in this brush. The Bay Rum started strong and stayed throughout the shave. Oh man, good stuff right there.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I have another mixed bag today. I am BBS on my cheeks and BBS on 50% of my neck. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Hope I can hold the consistency or improve on it. That Iron Oxide does seem to be making a favorable improvement.

Wrapped up the shave with another splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and ... oh you know it. Everything was right as rain! The shave settled down for a great post shave feel. Man that Bay Rum is intoxicating! Have some errands to run so time to go terrorize the highways and byways. Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 225 SR: 47)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Three Ranners SR
Vulfix Badger
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Kept the same setup today, it just sounded right. After yesterday’s shave, did a quick 50 laps on .1 Iron Oxide strop. Today, 50 quick laps on the poorman leather and off we go. I loaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds again and built another really nice,slick lather.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Everything clicked better today, I am 90% BBS. Missed just a bit on the jawline and Adam’s Apple. Woohoo! I am super stoked!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and oh yeah, everything was right as rain! The shave settled down for a great post shave feel. Love me some Bay Rum! A few more errands to run today. And date night at Medieval Times tonight for my wife’s birthday. We have not been there before and it should be good fun. Life is good!

Sweet straight shave there. You're quickly mastering that thing.

Onward to turkey legs and wenches!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 225 SR: 48)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Three Ranners SR
Vulfix Badger
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
AA Bay Rum AS

Kept the same setup today and another quick 50 laps on leather. Vulfix for 20 seconds and another great lather.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I backslid today and I am 80% BBS. Not sure how that happened, it felt like a better shave than that. Hey, I’m calling that a win!

Wrapped up with my same routine and everything was right as rain! I don’t have my diamond paste yet, so I sent my Sheffield off to have it honed on the paste. It’s out for delivery today, so it will be on deck tomorrow. Storms are rolling through and it looks like I may need a kayak to get to the mailbox. Life is good!

Back