The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

2018 Shave Count (DE: 225 SR: 49)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Sheffield SR
Vulfix Badger
PdP 63 soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
PsP 63 ASB

My Sheffield had been honed out to a .1u diamond balsa strop and I got it back yesterday. That’s what we have on deck today. I also went ahead and changed out my soap/AS for the week. I loaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds and built a nice, slick lather.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today I am setting at 80% BBS again. I own that one. I changed up my ATG grip to try something new. I think I like the new grip better, but it may take a few shaves to get used to it. The new hone is sharp, but smooth. I think I may also move this direction on my shaves. Hey, I’m still calling that a win!

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Smeared on the ASB and everything was right as rain! I did have a bit of irritation under my chin, but that will pass. Life is good!

Sheffield - 'nuff said!
1f44d.png

2018 Shave Count (DE: 226 SR: 49)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra AS
Vulfix Badger
PdP 63 soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
PsP 63 ASB

I was a bit pressed for time this morning, with the whole going back to work thing. So I had to skip the SR and grab the Old Type. I kept everything else the same. I also stuck with what has been working for me and I loaded the Vulfix for 20 seconds. It built a nice, slick lather with lots to spare. I actually spent more time with my shave than I really had, but ... oh well.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I was expecting it and I got it. Today I am setting at 100% BBS for the win! I simply cannot say enough good things about this razor, it just clicks. It's an easy, effortless shave that just delivers. So I should be ready to take on the world.

Wrapped up my shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Another smear of the ASB and everything was right as rain! Great googly-moogly ... it's 43 degrees outside and raining again. What happened to Summer? I guess our one week of Fall was last week. Time to go play in the rain. Life is good!

Great googly-moogly ... it's 43 degrees outside and raining again. What happened to Summer? I guess our one week of Fall was last week. Time to go play in the rain. Life is good!
Warm weather, cold weather, doesn't matter you're one happy guy!

Well, I like to look at the big picture. I can still meet the essentials: food, shelter and transportation. I have had the same woman by my side for 28 years, through good times and bad. I have a little bit of disposable income for hobbies, and I have faith. In the grand scheme of things ... life is good!

But to balance things out, here is a song for you

Whew, thanks! Too much sunshine and roses can give me the heebie jeebies.

Nice reads and soon enough we will introduce you to Arkansas Stone, another hole begotten from the other Straight Razor depths, LOL

Back