The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

2018 Shave Count (DE: 218 SV: 8 SR: 15)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR (3)
Vulfix Badger
Mudder Focker soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

Wrapping up the random shave weekend with the Dovo. Changed up the cream and replaced it with the Mudder Focker. Maybe one of these days the AS will be back in stock.

I ran the Badger a bit drier but still whipped up a great lather. I went with my standard three passes again: WTG, XTG and ATG, and have no drama to report. Today I walked away with another CCS for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water, quick towel dry and no AS again. Everything was right as rain! The shave settled down for a nice post shave feel. My technique still needs work, but I didn’t see any improvement today. No worries there, I’m sure everyone hits a plateau every once and again. Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 219 SV: 8 SR: 15)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Senator
Vulfix Badger
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

Tabac AS

Good Morning friends and neighbors! This week it’s time to show the DEs some love and we are rocking the Senator. Hmmm, what to pair with this great looking razor? I have just the thing ... it’s Tabac Time! Woke up early enough for a morning shave and we are starting the work week in style.

I kept the Badger and, as usual, ran it a bit wet. That was no problem for the Tabac, it whipped up a very nice, slick lather. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG, and have no drama to report. Friends, I must tell you it was a glorious shave! It was effortless and soothing with the scent of Tabac wafting through the air. Today I walked away with another BBS for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A generous splash of the Tabac AS and everything was right as rain! It’s Tabac, you know the shave settled down for a great post shave feel. Wrapped up my routine and cleaned up the kit. Did a quick time check on my phone and had a reminder that I took the day off for a vacation day. Whaaaaaaat? Crap, I could have slept late and had an awesome late morning shave. Oh well, time to grab another cup of coffee, watch the Sun come up and enjoy the lingering scent from this awesome shave. Life is good!

Looking forward to seeing the shelving unit when finished.

....Did a quick time check on my phone and had a reminder that I took the day off for a vacation day. Whaaaaaaat?....

Doh!
1f60e.png

Forgot you took a day off? Man, there's a nice surprise! You're up early to enjoy the whole darn thing. Are you maxing out on your time off and just need to take random days? We max out at 500 hours, but I can't seem to get close to that.

Forgot you took a day off? Man, there's a nice surprise! You're up early to enjoy the whole darn thing. Are you maxing out on your time off and just need to take random days? We max out at 500 hours, but I can't seem to get close to that.

Mid second quarter they changed our vacation & sick time, giving us more time off. It’s now PTO (paid time off). I’m in IT and the first two quarters usually have too many projects for time off. So now we are scrambling to use vacation and had to schedule out the rest of the year. Good problem to have really. I get every other Friday off and have 6 weeks to burn a year.

Came out sweet. Looks awesome
Thanks Dave! I like to tinker, so reusing scrap wood is kinda fun and cheap.
I know, right?! I was thinking the same thing!!

BTW, the shelving unit looks awesome! The places for the razors is most excellent!

Thanks! First world problems right? I think Nurse Dave has me beat with the 500 hours of vaca.

I kept the shelf small by design, it’s only 12x18”. I wanted it to fit about anywhere and have what I need. We have been thinking of downsizing on the suze of our house.

Back