The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Nice shave Tim outside of the hard stop...thankfully it didn't dig in too much and just left a racing stripe. I can't count the number of those I've given myself the past two years.

Nice shave Tim outside of the hard stop...thankfully it didn't dig in too much and just left a racing stripe. I can't count the number of those I've given myself the past two years.
Thanks Josh! Racing stripes ... I like that. Well, not the stripe, but the term.

2018 Shave Count (DE: 218 SV: 8 SR: 13)

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and water splash to shave.

Shave-
Boker SR (7)
Omega boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS splash

WooHoo ... Lucky 13th shave! Winding down the week and rocking the same kit. Hit the snooze button too many times yesterday and had to go with an evening shave.

I ran the Omega wet and loaded for 20 seconds, then threw a bit of water at it. I went with my standard three passes again: WTG, XTG and ATG, and have no drama to report. Yesterday I walked away with a CCS for the win! Felt like my technique backslid just a bit yesterday, but I didn't shave my face off.

Have a meeting today with my boss's, boss's, boss. The CIO is new to the company and meeting the staff one on one. So ... I grabbed the Goodwill (that still had a blade loaded) for a quick touch-up. Went with a single ATG pass and I am DFS for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water, quick towel dry and a splash of AS. It's Friday and you know everything is right as rain! Not sure what I am going to rock for the random weekend shaves, but I am going to miss that Sandalwood until it circles back around. WooHoo, only 87 shaves to go! Life is good!

2018 Shave Count (DE: 218 SV: 8 SR: 14)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Dovo SR (2)
Vulfix Badger
DR Harris Windsor cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

I think things went well with my meeting yesterday, so that’s good. Since I had a touch up shave that morning, I didn’t do an evening shave. I started today with a late morning shave. I was going to grab the kit that started this journey. It was a PIF from CBL that included a Personna shavette and some nice DR Harris creams. But I was really itching to try the Dovo, so a compromise was reached and I’ll circle back to the shavette a bit later.

Grabbed the shaving mug and added an almond size squirt of the DR Harris. I ran the Badger wet and whipped up a great lather. Man, that Windsor smells great! I went with my standard three passes again: WTG, XTG and ATG, and have no drama to report. I think I was told the razor was honed on a Welsh slate and it was smooth. I walked away with another CCS for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. No AS with this one, but everything is right as rain! The shave still settled down for a nice post shave feel. 14 down and 86 to go, life is good!

Nice shave and I just saw the extended forecast in this area......enough rain to keep everything right for quite awhile

You know it brother. 3 inches in the rain gauge last night. Raining off and on today and it just stopped. 1/2 inch in the gauge now. I can’t complain, we needed it.

Raining today so I was goofing in the garage. May look like some kinda board game, but it’s a new bottom shelf on my shave rack. Once the humidity does down outside I’ll get it stained and installed. More pics to follow.

Raining today so I was goofing in the garage. May look like some kinda board game, but it’s a new bottom shelf on my shave rack. Once the humidity does down outside I’ll get it stained and installed. More pics to follow.

So far so good! Interested to see how it fits in!

Back