The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Kept the same kit this morning to wrap up the weekend.

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Senator
Voskhod (5)
Omega boar
Proraso Green soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Green AS

Stayed with the wetter brush routine I been using and loaded the soap for 20 seconds. Had another great lather that was quick to dial in and was slick.

Stayed with the Senator and got down to business. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS today.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. Used a bit heavier splash of the Proraso Green AS and everything was right as rain. The shave settled down quickly for an very nice post shave feel. Great way to start the day.

I’m not exactly looking forward to the next work week, but I am looking forward to the shaves. Life is good!

Most of the chess pieces are empty. These are the empties:

Rook, Bishop, Pawn = Wlid Country AS

Both Knights = Smart Move Oland Cologne

King 1/3 full = Oland AS
Rook is full = Avon Spicy AS

Great shave today Tim! The Oland and Spicy are great smelling Aftershaves. You lucked out by getting an empty on Wild Country...that stuff is not good in my opinion...though many disagree with me.

Thanks Don! I’ll have to give them a try with my next random
kit shave. I was kinda bummed, I thought I found something unique but they are all over the bay.

kit shave. I was kinda bummed, I thought I found something unique but they are all over the bay.

Avon is pretty common, I find some in just about every antique store I walk into. But that is a very good thing! It’s quality juice, and rarely goes bad (only if stored improperly). It’s cheaper than drug store aftershaves, with much better quality and a greater range of scents. Avon had about a dozen common scents, and over 30 total.

I have the complete set of chess pieces, both sides, and the chess board for them. It’s a very cool set. Start collecting!

They might be all over the bay...but I have a hard time finding them where I am at. Avon Aftershaves are pretty good stuff!

They might be all over the bay...but I have a hard time finding them where I am at. Avon Aftershaves are pretty good stuff!

I have the same trouble. I have hit every thrift store in a 25 mile radius several times. That covers 4 towns and this is the first shaving related thing I have found.

Avon....It’s quality juice, and rarely goes bad (only if stored improperly)....

I can attest to this. A while ago, KJ graciously PIF'd me a bottle of Avon Spicy.....from 1964! Yes sir! Before the themed bottles. And it's still going gangbusters!

Somehow I'm a week behind here!

I'll just say MMMMM Tabac!
Proraso is good stuff!

Wonderful job on cleaning up the razors. Next time show before and after pictures please. A video on the SS would be great!

Oh as to the I'll never try statement, don't never say never!!

Nice shave Tim and I'll 2nd or 3rd or whatever it is on a video of breakdown and reassemble of the SS. Congrats on getting your desired Goodwill and look forward to the shave with it. I find it similar to a single ring but smoother but that's just my take on the #164 I have. Have a great day !

Thanks guys!

@ Dave. Thanks, I am really looking forward to giving that Goodwill a test drive.

It was the final razor that I wanted.

Started out a new week this morning and it was time once again for the eye patch. It's Bay Rum week and it's going to be a great week. I was really looking forward to the Bay Rum and almost started using it this past weekend. But I also wanted to use the Proraso Green AS, so the Bay had to wait a few days.

Pre Shave-

Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-

Gillette Senator

Voskhod (6)

RazoRock synth

AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-

Warm water splash

AA Bay Rum AS

I am still putting some miles on the Senator and enjoying it. So I didn't change razors. I kept the Voskhod and may keep it for a bit longer before changing it up also. It probably has another shave or two left in it. Changed up the brush and went with the RazoRock synth.

I had almost forgotten that this brush holds alot of water ... almost. Well, actually I did forget but once I hit the soap it was obvious. I loaded the soap for 20 seconds and will extend that on my next shave. The lather was good, but a bit thin. I'm sure it was because I had too much water, but it didn't break down. It did dial in quick for the first two passes, but the third pass could have been a bit fuller. I know I could have reloaded the brush, but I was still working on my first cup of coffee and only had one eye open. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. For this shave I walked away with a DFS today.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Hit it with a splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. The scent in the tub and while shaving is somewhat mild, but the AS makes up for that. I really like this AS. The shave settled down quickly for a very nice post shave feel. A great way to start the day and week. Life is good!

Back