The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Your Senator is beautiful! Was that replated? Either way...it's a good looking razor. Also, I didn't see any bent teeth...those things always have bent teeth. Great razor!

Your Senator is beautiful! Was that replated? Either way...it's a good looking razor. Also, I didn't see any bent teeth...those things always have bent teeth. Great razor!

Thank you. No replate, I just couldn’t do it. I really liked this two tone look too much to change it, so it’s just polished up. And it shaves great too!

Shave mail!

Got this in the mail yesterday from CBL’s PIF. Great stuff! But I’ll have to watch a video or two before I queue this one up.

The boar brush hasn’t been getting much love lately. So I’ll queue that up today for the random kit weekend. I also have the new AS to try.

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Senator
Voskhod (4)
Omega boar
Proraso Green soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Green AS

Staying with the Senator a bit longer, but I swapped out the Vulfix with the Omega. Varied the routine and loaded the brush for 30 seconds today. I could have gone 20 and will next time. Had another great lather that took a minute to dial in, but was slick.

Grabbed the Senator and got down to business. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a DFS today.

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of the Proraso Green AS and everything was right as rain. I was a bit surprised in that I thought this might be a heavy menthol, but it wasn’t. The shave settled down quickly for an very nice post shave feel. Great way to start the day. Life is good!

Good stuff, looking forward to your trials with the Weck.

Looks like a good time! Looking forward to the first shave!

I’ll have to watch a couple of videos first, to make sure I don’t mess up too bad. I will try it, but to be brutally honest, it makes me a bit nervous.

The wife and I were at a bike rally once, many years ago. Saw a guy with a freshly sharpened, small, two blade folding knife in a fight. One quick swipe to his opponents neck and the man was dead before he hit the ground.

Before then, I had never really thought about how much 6 pints of blood really is. Anyway, I guess open blades around my neck make me a bit nervous. But enough of that ... carry on!

I’ll have to watch a couple of videos first, to make sure I don’t mess up too bad. I will try it, but to be brutally honest, it makes me a bit nervous.

The wife and I were at a bike rally once, many years ago. Saw a guy with a freshly sharpened, small, two blade folding knife in a fight. One quick swipe to his opponents neck and the man was dead before he hit the ground.

Before then, I had never really thought about how much 6 pints of blood really is. Anyway, I guess open blades around my neck make me a bit nervous. But enough of that ... carry on!
Dang.

Before then, I had never really thought about how much 6 pints of blood really is....

Ummmmm, what???
1f632.png

Bought these Avon bottles today.

They were kinda neat, but if they don’t fit on the shelf then they have to go.

The Chess Pieces are some of my favorites! It looks like they are empty...but is there anything in them and what kind! I have a Knight piece with Island Lime!

Back