The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Though continued use of one soap over and over. And over. And over and over makes my skin crawl, having a shaving breakthrough is super cool.

Now, if we can get you past this....
When I first smelled it, I smelled an old hair spray called Aqua Net. I thought, well crap I bought it and now I have to use it. Had the wife smell it and she liked it. Now, I smell heavy floral (very heavy), but the wife smells something else (not floral).

Though continued use of one soap over and over. And over. And over and over makes my skin crawl, having a shaving breakthrough is super cool.

Now, if we can get you past this....

It actually settles down after a bit and is nice and mellow. I got this ?

Great stuff Tim! This is going to shock quite a few, but I have yet to try Tabac...only Tabacaveg. !!

Pre Shave-
Warm shower and warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Senator
Voskhod (3)
Vulfix badger
Tabac soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Tabac AS

Switched up razors again and went with the Senator. I just moved the Voskhod over to this razor. Also swapped out the generic with the Vulfix. Kept the same routine and loaded the brush for 20 seconds again tonight. Had another great lather that dialed quickly and was slick.

Time to put this Senator to work. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. I walked away with a BBS shave for the win!

Wrapped up with a splash of water and a towel dry. A splash of Tabac AS and everything was right as rain. The shave settled down quickly for an very nice post shave feel. Did I mention ... life is good?

I hope you're working on your first video. I picture a compilation of 30 Tabac shaves.

I hope you're working on your first video. I picture a compilation of 30 Tabac shaves.

I don’t know about all that. I might end up a social media sensation with endorsements and speaking engagements and crap like that. Too much stress ... I’ll just enjoy my shaves, thank you.

Great stuff Tim! This is going to shock quite a few, but I have yet to try Tabac...only Tabacaveg. !!

My eyes must be playing tricks on me - I could not possibly have just read those words!!!
1f633.png

Back