The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Somehow I'm 3 shaves behind Tim!
Great shaves and reads!

Pre De Provence No. 63? Just Do It Man!

Haven't smelled the Mudder Focker.

I also tried something else different and grabbed a lather bowl. This may be the second time I have used it. Anyway, added water as needed and it built a respectable lather rather quickly.
Meaning you usually face lather or use something else?

Ok, new week and a new rotation. I am only working today and tomorrow, so it's going to be an awesome week!

Pre Shave-
Warm shower followed by a water water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (1)
Vulfix Badger
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS Splash

Last night I broke out the GTB for the short week festivities. Last time I used this soap/AS combo, I think I was using my synth brush. So I mixed it up a bit and went with the badger. Loaded for 30 seconds and cranked out some really nice lather.

Loaded up the Old Type and it was time to rock and roll. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. With this setup I walked away with a BBS shave for the win! Gotta love this razor.

Wrapped up the shave with another splash of water and a quick towel dry. Followed this up with a splash of GTB aftershave and everything was right as rain. I may have mentioned before, but this AS starts with a menthol kick and then settles down quickly for a great post shave feel. Life is good!

A whole week of GTB? That's going to be one hairy chest by Friday!

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (2)
Vulfix Badger
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

I usually shave at night, but was able to squeeze in a morning shave today. It's the last work day for my work week and should be crazy busy trying to get last minute things done. So with that in mind, this morning shave is just what I needed to start the day.

As usual, I am keeping the same kit for the week. I loaded the brush for 30 seconds and it cranked out some really nice lather. I know you can never have too much product, but I will probably shorten my load time the remainder of the week. Loaded up the Old Type and it was time to get down to business. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today I walked away with a DFS shave for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. Followed this up with a splash of GTB aftershave and everything was right as rain. The shave settled down quickly for a great post shave feel. What a way to start the day, life is good!

Thanks guys! It was a great day. Started with an awesome shave, knocked out some major issues at work, then the boss let me of 1/2 hour early. Yup, it was a great day.

Lmao! I try to load heavy, but I just always unconsciously stop short of it.
Try counting in your head as you load. Aim for a set number. 20-30 seconds usually works great for me. Some need a good 60 seconds, and a few can get by with 10. But always err on the side of too much, lol.

I find myself going short on camera because I’m trying to get on with the video, but I also need to pay more attention so I can ensure I’m getting the best lather.

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (3)
Vulfix Badger
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash

What a glorious day! Happy Independence Day! I started today with another morning shave.

Tried something a bit different today, in that I ran my brush a little wetter than normal. I loaded the brush for 30 seconds and it cranked out some really awesome lather. I was going to shorten my load time the remainder of the week, but I didn’t today. Loaded up the Old Type and it was time to get down to business. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today I walked away with a BBS shave for the win!

Wrapped up the shave with a splash of water and followed this up with a splash of AS. Everything was right as rain. The shave settled down quickly for a great post shave feel. Great way to start the day, life is good!

Back