The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Interestingly, I believe I read something on the web a couple years ago ( so it has to be true...right..bonjour), that harvesting the hair from horses for brushes is more humane than harvesting hair from other animals for brushes. I can't back it up though...so take it with a grain of salt.

They also make good lawnmowers.

Well clearly you wouldn't be sheering a badger or a boar until you know they aren't going to whip around to gouge your eyes out.

They also make good lawnmowers.

I've always wanted a four legged lawn mower...or maybe a few. But I was thinking of the goat variety...that way I won't feel guilty eating them if I get ticked off.

Beautiful horses!

Pre Shave-
Warm shower followed up with a warm water splash.

Shave-
Maggard Rszor MR7
Astra SP
Vie Long horsehair
Stirling Ben Franklin soap

Post Shave-
Warm water rinse
Stirling Ben Franklin AS splash

Keeping the technique from Sunday night, I made sure my brush was just damp. I also increased my load time just a bit from the previous shave. Lathered up and just sprinkled a bit of water on the brush as I went. I was able to build a better lather than the previous shave and it was slick. Once again this produced better results than I had been receiving with the brush.

Got the lather dialed in and I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Last night I also walked away with another DFS. So I'll take that for the win.

Wrapped everything up with the AS splash and all was right as rain. Post shave was again very good as well. Life is good!

Another good shave Tim! Sounds like you're getting used to how the horsehair brush works...

So that's pretty cool to just have horses roaming around in your backyard. It's a novelty to us city folk.

Great couple of shave Tim!

Good job on dialing the lather in!
You didn't mention the free fertilizer benefit.
1f609.png

Still cruising along with this weekly bit o’ kit.

Pre Shave-
Warm shower followed up with a warm water splash.

Shave-
Maggard Rszor MR7
Astra SP
Vie Long horsehair
Stirling Ben Franklin soap

Post Shave-
Warm water rinse
Stirling Ben Franklin AS splash

Still seeing improvement with the brush technique. I made sure my brush was just damp and I also increased my load time just a bit again. Lathered up and I was able to build a better lather than the previous shave and it was slick also. Once again this produced better results.

Got the lather dialed in quickly and I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Last night I walked away with a BBS for the win.

Wrapped everything up with the AS splash and all was right as rain. Post shave was again very good. Looks like I got this. Life is good!

Soap is cheap. Load it like ya hate it! Though I hate that saying, I do believe in not scrimping on how much soap is used. We have plenty to go around. Except Chad. Apparently when the big one hits he's planning on surviving on the water in his toilet tank and having enough soap to shave for the next 100 years.

Back