The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

I need to post a pic of the Tech. It’s a ball end in nickle. Has the oval slots and no stamp, so I guess a 1947-50.

Fun shave and it will deliver.

This is a weekly rotation, so I am still rocking the eye patch.

Pre Shave-
Warm shower followed up with a warm water splash.

Shave-
Gillette Tech
Voskhod
Vulfix Badger
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water rinse
AA Bay Rum AS splash

The Tech is still cruising along and I think that I have six shaves on that Voskhod blade so far. The razor is mild but shaves very well and can deliver a BBS. It's mild enough that you can zip around like an Indy car, without taking your face off too. That helps if you have to speed up your shave for some reason.

Looking back, I have had this badger a month so the break in period is probably complete. It was not in use the entire time, but probably most of it. I actually paid attention last night and noticed that it has stopped shedding, so that's a good thing. I didn't load the brush as heavy this time and had a nice slick lather that I was able to dial in quickly. Now to get to it.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Last night I missed a bit around the Adam's Apple, so I'll take the DFS for the win. Wrapped everything up with the AS splash and all was right as rain. As I mentioned before, post shave was very good. Donned the eye patch again and off I went ... life is good!

The razor is mild but shaves very well and can deliver a BBS. It's mild enough that you can zip around like an Indy car, without taking your face off too. That helps if you have to speed up your shave for some reason.

Well where's the challenge in that? You have me thinking I might actually need to start looking for a birth year razor.

Well where's the challenge in that? You have me thinking I might actually need to start looking for a birth year razor.

It's a sleeper man! You can be zipping along minding your own business and them BAM! It will Van Gogh you. Be vigilant!

WooHoo TGIF!

Today I am wrapping up this weekly rotation. A shame really, I was digging the eye patch. I was able to squeeze in the time for a morning shave and it was great!

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash.

Shave-
Gillette Tech
Voskhod
Vulfix Badger
AA Bay Rum soap

Post Shave-
Warm water rinse
AA Bay Rum AS splash

I will be rotating all of my kit out next time around, but held what I had for today. The Tech and Voskhod blade have been no slouches this week. They have rocked DFS or BBS all week long, just depending on how many eyes I had open when I shaved.

As I mentioned in a previous post the badger has stopped shedding, so that is good news. I had an awesome run with it this week and it steady churned out some quality lather. Dialing everything in this week was a breeze and the slick lather did not disappoint. I am also having an easier time gauging my load times now, based on what soap I am using. This badger does have some slight scritch to it, but that is not a bother. It will eventually work it's way out, I'm sure. At which point, I may miss it.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Today I was rocking the BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with the AS splash and all was right as rain. As I have mentioned before in several posts, the post shave feel is really very good.

Loaded up, slipped on the eye patch and settled into the car. Cranked up the stereo ... Oh, Disturbed. Dropped it down in go and mashed the go fast pedal. Let's do this ...

Very enjoyable shaves this week! And as I said before! Glad you you busted out the bay rum. I find that too many people wait until cooler weather for this scent. Come on guys! This was a scent for Pirates in the hot weather and waters of the Caribbean Ocean! If bay rum isn't a Summer Scent...than I don't know what is!

Very enjoyable shaves this week! And as I said before! Glad you you busted out the bay rum. I find that too many people wait until cooler weather for this scent. Come on guys! This was a scent for Pirates in the hot weather and waters of the Caribbean Ocean! If bay rum isn't a Summer Scent...than I don't know what is!

Agreed! I have really enjoyed it this week.

Great shave Tim! Looking forward to what next week is going to bring, set-up wise!

i have a simple rotation, but I think the Proraso Red last weekend set the stage. I haven’t used it in a few weeks and I have missed it.

Happy Free Shave weekend! Mixed it up a bit today going with the Miami vibe.

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash.

Shave-
Gillette Black Handle Flair
Voskhod (7)
Vie Long horsehair
Calle Ocho soap

Post Shave-
Warm water rinse
Calle Ocho AS splash

Today I rotated all of my kit except for the blade.

Had a strange lather today. Loaded the puck and went to work. In no time, I had this big fluffy lather slathered everywhere. It was picture worthy and that was it. Grabbed the razor and knew we had a problem. I had no slick at all. Rinsed the razor for a little water slick and knocked it out.

I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and thankfully have no drama to report. Tried to get it dialed in, but that was not to be. The second and third passes the lather just disappeared. It had very little slick and looked like I smeared bar soap on my face.

Today I sulked away with a CCS for the draw! Wrapped everything up with the AS splash and all was right as rain. The post shave on this combo is kinda strange also. It feels kinda sticky to start. After about half an hour, it had soaked in and gives a decent post shave feel.

At least I like the smell, now where did I put those Ferrari keys?

Back