The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

So ... I am still cruising right along with this weekly kit.

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (4)
Omega boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Hot water rinse
Proraso Red AS Splash

So, yesterday morning, I hit snooze ... and again ... and again. Ok, so I was running late. There was not enough time to start another day with Proraso. I know right? I almost grabbed a large stainless bowl of water and my travel kit for the drive in. It's an automatic transmission, I should be able to manage. Hmmmmmm ... Almost. But hey, turn that frown upside down! I was able to wrap the day up with a great shave.

The Omega once again cranked out a luxurious lather. I loaded a bit heavy yet again (I know, I know) but I got it dialed in quickly and it was awesome. Like the other morning, I was really digging that lather. Got the Slim loaded up and got down to business. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. With this setup I walked away with a respectable DFS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with another splash of water and a quick towel dry. Followed this up with a generous AS splash and everything was right as rain. I know I've mentioned this before, but if I could have only one. Consistent, budget friendly, performance, it's got it all ... well ya know. Life is good!

Not many drive-in theaters around here anymore. I do miss them. I guess it’s because the stars at night are big and bright ....

HooWoo! Today is my day off. Got to sleep late and start the day with a shave. Wrapping up this rotation, but it was great.

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Slim
Astra SP (5)
Omega boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Hot water rinse
Proraso Red AS

The Omega brush on it again today and I got it dialed in quickly. Just awesome! Slim locked and loaded: down to business. I went with my standard three passes: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. With this setup I walked away with a BBS for the win!

Wrapped up my shave with another splash of water and a quick towel dry. Followed this up with an AS splash and everything was right as rain. Oh yeah, life is good!

On a side note, Tuesday I bought gas at Walmart on the way to work. I am sitting in downtown Dallas at lunch and got a txt from my bank wanting to know if I was trying to buy gas in Florida. When I replied “no” they shut down my card.

Those worthless freeloading parasite thieves (not the bank) should be terminated with extreme prejudice. I would even provide a few 5.56 rounds to take care of it. I feel better now that I said that out loud. Anyway, went to the bank today and got that squared away. The bank caught it before any purchases were made.

In TX we have a 30.06 concealed carry and 30.07 open carry law. If a business is posted 30.07, you cannot open carry. Both signs have to be posted to restrict both. Our small town bank allows concealed carry, along with all other businesses. Life is still good!

Nice couple of posts Tim, though sorry that you are having to deal with the identity theft issues. thankfully the bank caught it and it can be remedied sooner rather than later.

Nice posts Tim and I've been there with those credit union contacts. Annoying but nice they catch it early and save us further difficulties.

It’s all good, the bank caught it quick. I already had LifeLock and a credit freeze due to the idiots at Experian.

Great couple of shaves and reads Tim!

Proraso is just a good solid performer!
Glad the ID thief was stopped without any major drama!

Woohoo ... Shave Fetch!

No shave mail today, but I did a shave fetch. I knew of the Proraso prices at TJ Maxx, so I swung by there to see what they had. I have never used these, but I scored them today.

Back