The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 216)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Vulfix badger
Nanny’s Silly Soap - Patchouli sample

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Thayers WH
Nivia ASB

The process-
Late morning shave today, you know it. Kept most everything the same, but I changed out the soap and added the WH. I picked up the sample from @cmh737 and it is nice. I love a straight up Patchouli and will be adding one to the rotation. Broke out the copper bowl and got after it. The soap lathered up quickly and smelled great. Had it a bit wet and bubbly at first but the lather settled down and kept building.

Hit the Henckel with another 40 laps on leather and it was go time. I went with a three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. The shave felt kinda strange in that the razor kept trying to stick to my skin. Not sure if my angle was a bit too shallow or my lather needed a bit more water. Regardless the shave was very nice and oh yeah, I am BBS for the win! Man this razor shaves great!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the WH, then a splash of the ASB and everything was right as rain! I may have mentioned that I originally may have gone too heavy on the WH. It left me feeling kinda sticky. I have reduced it and it works a lot better. I also like the nice, light scent of the Nivia, it works well.

Home front-
Just light work around the house today and packing for my business trip. Life is good!

No wrenches so far. I’m driving down to Austin.

I figure, 1.5 hrs to airport, 2 hrs before flight, molested by TSA, flight time and finally rent a car when there. I can drive it quicker.

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 218)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Solingen SR
Graydog Synth
Sudsey Soapery Citrus & Bay soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Sudsey Soapery Citrus & Bay ASB

Outstanding shave today. The Solingen blank I picked up awhile back for dirt cheap. Honed it up on film and balsa and thought it would be a good travel razor. It is super sharp and smooth. I may have to move it into my rotation.

Back