The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 287 SR: 214)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Semogue 610 boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Managed to have time for an SR shave today ... Yay me! Other than the SR, everything else was the same. And I guess as long as it's taken me to post this, I'll go with the quick entry today.

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 213)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Edison blade (5)
Semogue 610 boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Well ... it's two days in a row that I have hit snooze way too many times. Hope I'm not getting back into bad habits. There were a few differences or changes in my shave today. The first was that I tried a cold water shave. I can now say without a doubt that they suck. I also hit the soap just a bit harder than normal, more on that in a minute. Once again GTB didn't disappoint, cranking out another nice lather that smelled great.

Due to time and curiosity, I went with a two pass shave of WTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Good results, but not awesome. I am DFS for the win! I'm not sure if it was my one eye technique or if the blade is failing. But I think I get about 5 shaves out of the Edison and they start fading on me.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A heavy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! A good shave and smelling great! I'll take that any day. So there were a few differences with my shave today. The last one I hadn't mentioned yet. SQUIRREL! I'll just leave this pre-shave pic right here.

Home front-
Still crazy busy at work and not much going on at the casa. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 214)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Semogue 610 boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Rd AS

The process-
Was running a bit behind today, but still made time for the SR. Didn't get to finish out the week with the GTB, so had to pick something else. What the heck ... any day is a good dry for Sandalwood. So Proraso is on deck today. Kept the same brush and went with a 30 second load time. Whipped up a nice lather and I really dig this scent.

Hit the SR for 40 laps on leather, but I think I'll freshen it up a bit this weekend. I went with a two pass shave again today of WTG and ATG. I have no drama to report. Good results again, but I guess this is just my week for DFS. So a DFS for the win! I will take that.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Almost went the the Clint today, but have several meetings and didn't want to be too awesome. Some more good stuff right there to finish off the week. We'll start tomorrow with a random and see where we land.

Home front-
TGIF! Just trying to wrap things up at work and get into the weekend. It's one of those days that you would like to wrap up quickly, but there is a lot do do. As for weekend plans, mine are kinda fluid at the moment. I only know that I need to mow the yard. Maybe some car service or something. I'm sure the missus will tell me what else I have to do. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 215)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Vulfix badger
Stone Cottage Vetiver & Vanilla cream

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Nivia ASB

The process-
Late morning shave all the way baby. Was a bit undecided on what to use today and finally reached for the SC. Then grabbed the badger and I was drawn to the Henckel. This cream is a bit firmer than some, so you can load it like a croap. Went with a 20 second load time and whipped up a nice lather. Had enough for three passes and a post shave lather. Wet my face between passes and threw water at the brush. It never broke, it got slick and a bit thinner. This worked well for the SR. Wasn’t real sure about the scent at first, but it’s growing on me. It has a light clean scent.

Hit the Henckel with 40 laps on leather and got to work. I went with a three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. That was a good shave and broke me out of the DFS funk. Yes friends and neighbors, I am BBS for the win! Nice!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the ASB and everything was right as rain! The Nivia is another light scent and it pairs well with this cream. Really thought about grabbing the Clint again today, but in hindsight Nivia was the right call. @Stone Cottage Shaving makes a good product. I really love the patchouli that they sell.

Home front-
Helping the kids with moving and installing appliances today and just taking the day as it comes. Life is good!

Back