The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Shave Count (DE: 286 SR: 212)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Torrey SR
Vie Long horsehair
Williams soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Green AS

The process-
Late morning shave today ... you know it. Changed a few things up again today too. I went with a 30 second load time and the brush did fine. I think this brush just likes Williams for some reason. Had enough lather for three passes and to slap some on the strop.

50 laps on leather for this Torrey. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. The shave was decent, but the blade still needs more work. With this shave I am also DFS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! A refreshing splash with a nice menthol kick. I guess for a casual weekend shave, it’ll do.

Home front-
After the AC work yesterday, got most of the mowing done. A little bit to finish up today. May detail the cars and then a few more errands. Please keep my wife, Debbie, on your prayer lists. We are not sure if she has a pinched nerve or what. Had a CAT scan on Friday and hopefully we will know more this week. I know it’s causing a lot of pain and keeping her down. In spite of this obstacle ... Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 286 SR: 213)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
J Allen SR
Semogue 610 boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
Early morning shave today ... ya know, because of the whole work thing. Changed out all of the kit to start this new week too. Thought I would beat on the Semogue a bit this week to break it in and it also sounded like a good week for GTB. Went with a 30 second load time and whipped up a really nice lather. And you know it smelled great.

40 laps on leather for the J Allen and it was go time. Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Thankfully I had a better shave today, than the past few, and I am BBS for the win! I needed that win.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A heavy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Man oh man that's some good stuff right there and I dig that slight menthol kick. That was a great way to start the day. I might even use this all week.

Home front-
Nothing new to report yet, just work ... work ... work. Oh wait, I have something ... no, that's nothing. Never mind. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 287 SR: 213)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Edison blade (4)
Semogue 610 boar
Ghost Town Barber soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Ghost Town Barber AS

The process-
I hit snooze way to many times today ... and I had been doing so well. Anyway I still had to get in a quick shave so I went with the DE. I did keep everything else the same. That Semogue is breaking in really nice, even with the limited use that it has received. Hit the soap for 30 seconds and cranked out a ton of lather. Had enough for 3 passes and a post shave lather. Man, the GTB smells great!

Went with my standard three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG and I have no drama to report. Quick easy peasy shave and I am BBS for the win! Good stuff right there.

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A double splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! Not much else to say there, I am ready for the day. I'll keep hitting this thing and see how many shaves are left in the tub. Or I may go random tomorrow, who knows.

Home front-
Crazy busy at work and trying to wrap up some projects before the end of the week. I will be at a conference early next week, so these tasks have to be done this week. I did splurge and buy a Coke today and found out after I opened it, that it was not regular Coke, it was Cherry. Grrrrr ... That sucked. Tried to eat a little healthier today too and went with a Caesar salad. I didn't realize it at the time, but it had Salmon instead of chicken. Who does that? Really?! Fish tacos, fish salad ... what is wrong with these people? Good grief! Deep breaths ... deep breaths. I say those things in jest ... Life is good!

One of these days you still need to video what a right as rain shave looks like.

Oh and Cherry Coke > Coke, and fish over salad has been a thing for a while :ROFLMAO:

Oh and Cherry Coke > Coke, and fish over salad has been a thing for a while :ROFLMAO:
I would have to concur with the first part but if i am going to splurge and have a soda it's gonna be the best and that means Dr. Pepper!

Also i can see salmon on a salad being ok but man, Fish tacos are amazing, just in a different flavor ballpark from regular tacos.

Back