The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

Glad the missus’ procedure went well! Bummer you have to work on your vacation days, at least you can do it in your PJs! :ROFLMAO:

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 221)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Henckel SR
Zenith boar
Stirling Glastonbury Soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Stirling Glastonbury AS

The process-
A late morning shave and it was much better today. Got everything lined up and dialed in. Very nice shave with a 30 second load time and cranked out a really good lather. So far I really haven’t picked up on the Patchouli in this soap. To me it’s a really green smell. Nothing wrong with it though.

Hit the Henckel with 50 laps on the TM strop and it was go time. Went with a three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG. I have no drama to report. A nice sharp razor, a slick soap and I am BBS for the win! That’s what I’m talking about right there!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and a quick towel dry. A splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. That really makes up for the shave yesterday.

Home front-
Had a bit of work work this morning. Now a few errands to run and mowing the yard. After that fun, I have to work this evening. It is what it is. Life is good!

Well a couple of errands were a bust. No Personna blades at Sally’s. And no 1/16 brass rod at HD or Ace. The are not making a strong argument for brick and mortar right about now.

Shave Count (DE: 288 SR: 222)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Dovo SR
Vulfix badger
CFG Sherlock Soap

Post Shave-
Lather
Warm water splash
CFG Sherlock AS

The process-
A late morning shave and it was awesome! Gonna be another hot humid one today with t-storms rolling in later. So I thought I would go with something light and uplifting ... so I grabbed the Sherlock. 30 second load and cranked out a really nice lather.

50 laps on the TM plain vanilla and it was go time. Went with a three pass shave of WTG, XTG and ATG. I have no drama to report. An outstanding shave and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a post shave lather, splash of water and a quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain. Man I smell great!

Home front-
Got done with yesterday’s work about 1:00a this morning. Took the car in for routine maintenance today and they even detailed the car. Now I smell great and am looking sharp! Have some more errands today and we may have company this evening. Life is good!

Nice looking razor...smelly soap...good smelly...bad smelly...you decide! 🤪

Really though...nice shave. And it sounds like a busy day...but productive!

Back